New Update ESET version 16.0.0

czesetfan

Level 3
Thread author
Dec 3, 2021
It is not yet freely available. Only Marcos has it available for download on the ESET forums.
Early access ESET product v.16.1.X

czesetfan

Level 3
Thread author
Dec 3, 2021
ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium version 16.1.14 have been released and are available for download.

Changelog:

Version 16.1.14​

• New: GUI: Added Live Tiles on Overview page
    - Features state indicated inside of tiles on Overview page
    - Added progress animation inside of the tiles
  • New: GUI: Added new Light / Dark mode switch to GUI
  • New: GUI: More tools submenu merged with Tools
  • Improved: BPP Green frame in browser handling
    - Advanced setup setting hides badge and green frame completely
    - Closing of badge by "X" leads to closing of the frame as well
  • Improved: BPP - Browser started from desktop icon or product will run in isolated mode - unified behavior between redirection and Secure All Browsers
  • Improved: Additional network details displayed under Network adapters in GUI
  • Improved: SysRescue removed from GUI
  • Improved accessibility

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium version 16.1.14 have been released and are available for download.

Changelog:

Version 16.1.14​

My ESET Premium has not auto-updated as of 17 Apr, still 16.0.26.0 :unsure:

Reactions: Nevi

czesetfan

Level 3
Thread author
Dec 3, 2021
As far as I know, the release of new versions is always gradual (e.g. by region) and staggered in time. I recommend to wait, or if you want a new version earlier, download and update manually. The changes in v16.1.X are a step in the right direction. :)(y)

Spartan

Level 3
Verified
Apr 15, 2019
I am looking at the test results in recent months from eset ,somewhat disappointing ,i was going to uninstall kaspersky and give eset a try ,not to sure about the protection?
I've been using NOD32 since 2002 when it was at v2, it was the lightest and one of the most secure back then and this still holds true. It is one of the only remaining AVs with no bloatware, toolbars, and snake oil system optimizers. I have not once been infected, opening all sorts of programs and visiting websites that are blocked if they had malicious content. With that said, don't put so much attention to these independent tests, that's not how your average Joe uses their computer. I mean I am not sitting here throwing hundreds of test virus samples to see how my AV works. It sits there, protects me, doesn't have false positives, and is very light. End of story.

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I've been using NOD32 since 2002 when it was at v2, it was the lightest and one of the most secure back then and this still holds true. It is one of the only remaining AVs with no bloatware, toolbars, and snake oil system optimizers. I have not once been infected, opening all sorts of programs and visiting websites that are blocked if they had malicious content. With that said, don't put so much attention to these independent tests, that's now how your average Joe uses their computer. I mean I am not sitting here throwing hundreds of test virus samples to see how my AV works. It sits there, protects me, doesn't have false positives, and is very light. End of story.
I agree with @Spartan up to a point, I was a long time user of NOD32, and agree with comments above. Then I "upgraded" to ESET Smart Security Premium. When my windows firewall service suddenly stopped, and was not restored even after I uninstalled ESET SSP, I sought help from Microsoft techs to fix the windows firewall service, who advised that it was ESET SSP that broke it. What was equally, or more, problematic was that over the span of a few days, 2 ESET techs told me one thing, while 2 other ESET techs told me the complete opposite regarding how SSP is supposed to interact with windows firewall service. :unsure:o_O I ended up leaving ESET SSP uninstalled. (I never had problems with NOD32, but not using ESET now).

Spartan

Level 3
Verified
Apr 15, 2019
I agree with @Spartan up to a point, I was a long time user of NOD32, and agree with comments above. Then I "upgraded" to ESET Smart Security Premium. When my windows firewall service suddenly stopped, and was not restored even after I uninstalled ESET SSP, I sought help from Microsoft techs to fix the windows firewall service, who advised that it was ESET SSP that broke it. What was equally, or more, problematic was that over the span of a few days, 2 ESET techs told me one thing, while 2 other ESET techs told me the complete opposite regarding how SSP is supposed to interact with windows firewall service. :unsure:o_O I ended up leaving ESET SSP uninstalled. (I never had problems with NOD32, but not using ESET now).
For that same reason, I NEVER get security suites, only the AV edition. Configuring firewall rules and dealing with X app not having internet connectivity just gets in the way of my workflow. I like keeping things as simple as possible. With Windows Firewall, and Adblocker, and HTTP Scanning being present in the AV-only version of ESET, that's all I need.

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
NOD32 does not have its own firewall. That's why I've used this version in the past. I have an aversion to AV programs that mess around with their own firewall on the system.

czesetfan

Level 3
Thread author
Dec 3, 2021
It is still light. The emphasis on minimizing FP may not be entirely understandable, but they probably have it well calculated. Which is more risk, or which is more expensive. That's why ESET usually ranks just below the top in tests.
And this year the firewall should be improved (maybe HIPS too?).

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
I've been using NOD32 since 2002 when it was at v2, it was the lightest and one of the most secure back then and this still holds true. It is one of the only remaining AVs with no bloatware, toolbars, and snake oil system optimizers. I have not once been infected, opening all sorts of programs and visiting websites that are blocked if they had malicious content. With that said, don't put so much attention to these independent tests, that's not how your average Joe uses their computer. I mean I am not sitting here throwing hundreds of test virus samples to see how my AV works. It sits there, protects me, doesn't have false positives, and is very light. End of story.
I agree I was using nod32 since 1998 when it was the red zit interface. A pulsating red dot. It has never failed me in 25+ years (watch me get infected now). I also used to use Kaspersky buy it got heavy on my system. Last time I used Kaspersky was when I had an opteron 64 chip and that was; what 2003? Fck I am old

First there was darkness. Then came the strangers. They were a race as old as time itself. They had mastered the ultimate technology. The ability to alter physical reality by will alone. They called this ability "quening". But they were dying. Their civilization was in decline, and so they abandoned their world seeking a cure for their own mortality. Their endless journey brought them to a small, blue world in the farthest corner of the galaxy. Our world. Here they thought they had finally found what they had been searching for.

Last edited:

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
It is still light. The emphasis on minimizing FP may not be entirely understandable, but they probably have it well calculated. Which is more risk, or which is more expensive. That's why ESET usually ranks just below the top in tests.
And this year the firewall should be improved (maybe HIPS too?).
God the older I get the more I desire to improve my hips.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.