Battle Eset vs Avira vs Norton Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
So, PlanetSide 2 is launching today and figured I'll look for a Light Paid Suite so, I have a License for Avira IS, trial License for Norton IS and Eset SS.

So based on lightness with decent protection, which should I go for?

I'm Impressed by all 3 of these but I'm having a tough time deciding.

icorino

Verified
Nov 18, 2012
Avira is the stronger one regarding detection (lacks on other domains such as clean-up) but if that isn't really important i should advice eset out of the three...

zorror

Verified
Nov 25, 2012
Due to past experiences with Norton it automatically is at the bottom for me.
As for among Avira and Eset , eset is faster but avira has better detection

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
And what would you be comparing, feature-to-feature, detection, prevention, removal, performance, cost etc?

If you've chosen AVIRA over ESET and Norton, why would it any different to add Bitdefender and Kaspersky, also you've already eliminated ESET, so consequently it should be excluded.

FYI: Scroll to the bottom and where it displays "Possibly Related Threads...", it shows related A vs B threads.

jlock734

Verified
Nov 25, 2012
Well, If your reply was considering my post then Mr. Earth, here's y..
1) I havn't excluded Eset..chck my post. Its Avira,Bitdefender,Kaspersky and Eset.
2)I've chosen avira cuz i've used it for too long and it offers solid protection. I havn't tried the new 2013 av products of bitdefender and kaspersky. That's y i asked for that comparison.

I don't mean to offend or disrespect u in any way sir,but tht's just my 2 cents...

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
well if i had to choose it would be eset but off topic it you don't wana pay go for cis or avast free then you can go for malwarebyte or hitman pro as on demand scanner :)

malware medic

Oct 6, 2012
I would say ESET. If you need a reason just scroll up
I just hate norton because of my experiences. Its real time is actually pretty good but the scanning and detection is just complete ##### in my experience

I use comodo internet security free, Emsisoft emergency kit, MBAM, MBAR, and spybot search and destroy

icorino

Verified
Nov 18, 2012
yeah for some reason i still have that 'ugh, norton-slow' feeling of the past however that's not justified anymore...

Still a bit too fancy gui on my behalf...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.