TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
This thread can be closed.
Indeed. It seems that adblockers took notice and created rules to fit the test, not sure, if that is the right approach, looks like cheating.
56%, only trackers blocked, not "harmless" ADs or social media. With Edge set to strict I get 85%.
Same rules and now 71% with uBlock and 94% with Edge set to strict.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Indeed. It seems that adblockers took notice and created rules to fit the test, not sure, if that is the right approach, looks like cheating.

Same rules and now 71% with uBlock and 94% with Edge set to strict.
Maybe what we need is for someone (the original developer, or someone else) to tweak the test at regular intervals to keep the adblocker list maintainers on their toes.

Anyone here looking for something to do while under lockdown?!

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Both Firefox & Edge set to Strict settings & after upgrading Adguard desktop to v7.6.1
And adding Adguard URL Tracking filter.

Attachments

• rowser.jpg
    rowser.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 372

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I have figured out the culprit, it was EasyPrivacy, well not so easy anymore, it is causing havoc and blocking ADs (ignoring acceptable ADs), imagine the horror, lol, so I got rid of it. 🙃

Before
capture_05022021_233241.jpg

After, the girls are back ☺️
capture_05022021_233606.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
100% with my current Brave (Aggressive) + AdGuard Desktop settings. Same result for Edge (Strict) + AdGuard Desktop too.

Current filters in AdGuard ~ I get very few webpage issues & with Quad9 pages load fast so no reason to slim down the list :) :
- AdGuard Base
- AdGuard DNS (Quad9)
- Peter Lowe's Blocklist
- AdGuard Tracking Protection
- AdGuard Tracking Protection Plus
- AdGuard URL Tracking
- EasyPrivacy
- Fanboy's Enhanced Tracking List
- AdGuard Social Media
- AdGuard Social Media Plus
- AdGuard Annoyances
- EU/US Most Prevalent Ads & Trackers (ABP)

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
100% with my current Brave (Aggressive) + AdGuard Desktop settings. Same result for Edge (Strict) + AdGuard Desktop too.

Current filters in AdGuard ~ I get very few webpage issues & with Quad9 pages load fast so no reason to slim down the list :) :
- AdGuard Base
- AdGuard DNS (Quad9)
- Peter Lowe's Blocklist
- AdGuard Tracking Protection
- AdGuard Tracking Protection Plus
- AdGuard URL Tracking
- EasyPrivacy
- Fanboy's Enhanced Tracking List
- AdGuard Social Media
- AdGuard Social Media Plus
- AdGuard Annoyances
- EU/US Most Prevalent Ads & Trackers (ABP)
I think that EasyPrivacy alone should get you 100%.
AdGuard's default filters are not enough, I added EasyPrivacy to the filters in AdGuard for Android (phone) and IOS (iPad) and then I also get 100%.

petok

Level 1
Sep 19, 2011
I use this AdGuard Base filter, Tracking protection filter, URL Tracking filter, Social Media filter, Annoyances filter and one NoCoin filter and all is 100% Blocked Hosts on test.

Reactions: Nevi and Stopspying

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.