- Jul 27, 2015
Remote access protection
Version 18.1Released September 2021
Remote access protection
- When a banking session starts, Banking protection detects and blocks remote access to your computer and displays a warning. This prevents phone scammers from leveraging remote access software to perform online thefts.
- The feature is limited to Anydesk and TeamViewer, but more applications are to be added later this year.
- When a game starts, the product goes into gaming mode automatically. This pauses the software and database updates, and scheduled scanning.
- The feature is available in Windows 10 RS5 or newer versions.
- All user interfaces have been converted to .NET technology.
- The change has been implemented, as the old user interface needed to be loaded into memory after restart, affecting the computer performance. It was also always running in the background, consuming memory and a little bit of CPU. The new .NET-based user interface now loads into the memory only when needed, resulting in less resource usage while the product still protects you in the background.
- ID PROTECTION appears in the main user interface if you have a license for it.
- You can install the product from the shortcut also after installation, and you can also start the product from here.
- Windows 11 support
- Dark mode support
- Serbian language support
- Notifications to install the Browser extension appear at the same time for multiple browsers. If using multiple browsers, this allows you to set up the Browsing extension separately for a given browser.
- Hot keys, for example, Alt+Tab, Alt+Space cannot be used to switch away from the Time limit lock screen. In addition, countdown before locking the computer has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Login during installation happens as part of main UI with Microsoft Edge WebView2 (Chromium engine). This requires Microsoft Edge WebView2 runtime to be installed. If it's not, the installer installs it for you.
- Banking protection session ends automatically when you close the bank tab or open another web page. This is especially handy when using bank credentials to authorize access to another website.
- BypassIO support: Windows 11 has an optimized I/O path for reading from files. This helps to meet the I/O demands of loading and running next-generation games on Windows.
- Selecting Gaming mode from the tray icon has been removed. This is now fully automatic and cannot be manually enabled any more.
- The product update message has been simplified and now links directly to the release notes. "
What's New in F-Secure SAFE for PC and Internet Security This article outlines important changes and features, as well as fixes released in the latest versions of F-Secure SAFE for PC and Internet Security. Version 18.3 (4.80.1649) Released April 2022 Account information and device name visible...