Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Quote: "

Version 18.1​

Released September 2021

Remote access protection
  • When a banking session starts, Banking protection detects and blocks remote access to your computer and displays a warning. This prevents phone scammers from leveraging remote access software to perform online thefts.
  • The feature is limited to Anydesk and TeamViewer, but more applications are to be added later this year.
Automatic gaming mode
  • When a game starts, the product goes into gaming mode automatically. This pauses the software and database updates, and scheduled scanning.
  • The feature is available in Windows 10 RS5 or newer versions.
All user interfaces now with .NET technology
  • All user interfaces have been converted to .NET technology.
  • The change has been implemented, as the old user interface needed to be loaded into memory after restart, affecting the computer performance. It was also always running in the background, consuming memory and a little bit of CPU. The new .NET-based user interface now loads into the memory only when needed, resulting in less resource usage while the product still protects you in the background.
Short-cut to install and start ID PROTECTION
  • ID PROTECTION appears in the main user interface if you have a license for it.
  • You can install the product from the shortcut also after installation, and you can also start the product from here.
Other improvements
  • Windows 11 support
  • Dark mode support
  • Serbian language support
  • Notifications to install the Browser extension appear at the same time for multiple browsers. If using multiple browsers, this allows you to set up the Browsing extension separately for a given browser.
  • Hot keys, for example, Alt+Tab, Alt+Space cannot be used to switch away from the Time limit lock screen. In addition, countdown before locking the computer has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
  • Login during installation happens as part of main UI with Microsoft Edge WebView2 (Chromium engine). This requires Microsoft Edge WebView2 runtime to be installed. If it's not, the installer installs it for you.
Other improvements released earlier as channel updates
  • Banking protection session ends automatically when you close the bank tab or open another web page. This is especially handy when using bank credentials to authorize access to another website.
  • BypassIO support: Windows 11 has an optimized I/O path for reading from files. This helps to meet the I/O demands of loading and running next-generation games on Windows.
Removed features
  • Selecting Gaming mode from the tray icon has been removed. This is now fully automatic and cannot be manually enabled any more.
  • The product update message has been simplified and now links directly to the release notes. "

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Quote: "

Version 18.1​

Released September 2021

Remote access protection
  • When a banking session starts, Banking protection detects and blocks remote access to your computer and displays a warning. This prevents phone scammers from leveraging remote access software to perform online thefts.
  • The feature is limited to Anydesk and TeamViewer, but more applications are to be added later this year.
Automatic gaming mode
  • When a game starts, the product goes into gaming mode automatically. This pauses the software and database updates, and scheduled scanning.
  • The feature is available in Windows 10 RS5 or newer versions.
All user interfaces now with .NET technology
  • All user interfaces have been converted to .NET technology.
  • The change has been implemented, as the old user interface needed to be loaded into memory after restart, affecting the computer performance. It was also always running in the background, consuming memory and a little bit of CPU. The new .NET-based user interface now loads into the memory only when needed, resulting in less resource usage while the product still protects you in the background.
Short-cut to install and start ID PROTECTION
  • ID PROTECTION appears in the main user interface if you have a license for it.
  • You can install the product from the shortcut also after installation, and you can also start the product from here.
Other improvements
  • Windows 11 support
  • Dark mode support
  • Serbian language support
  • Notifications to install the Browser extension appear at the same time for multiple browsers. If using multiple browsers, this allows you to set up the Browsing extension separately for a given browser.
  • Hot keys, for example, Alt+Tab, Alt+Space cannot be used to switch away from the Time limit lock screen. In addition, countdown before locking the computer has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
  • Login during installation happens as part of main UI with Microsoft Edge WebView2 (Chromium engine). This requires Microsoft Edge WebView2 runtime to be installed. If it's not, the installer installs it for you.
Other improvements released earlier as channel updates
  • Banking protection session ends automatically when you close the bank tab or open another web page. This is especially handy when using bank credentials to authorize access to another website.
  • BypassIO support: Windows 11 has an optimized I/O path for reading from files. This helps to meet the I/O demands of loading and running next-generation games on Windows.
Removed features
  • Selecting Gaming mode from the tray icon has been removed. This is now fully automatic and cannot be manually enabled any more.
  • The product update message has been simplified and now links directly to the release notes. "
My f-secure safe 18.0, has still not upgraded to 18.1. Is there a site where I can get the update?;)

Reactions: upnorth

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
My f-secure safe 18.0, has still not upgraded to 18.1. Is there a site where I can get the update?;)
Normally just as member @Bill K mention, it should be enough by use the " Check for updates " option. It could take a minute or two before the actual installation process is complete. If the latest version 18.1 still don't seem to been installed, a tip/hint is to go into Settings/Update, and try press the " Check now " button. I noticed in my VM, that specific workaround helped as long the system had downloaded the " Oneclient SAFE 4.60.2790 ".

Still havening a problem getting the latest version, it's probably best to get the latest installation package from " My F-Secure " account. Before one start that installation, it's recommended to release the previous license and also un-install the old version first. If you run into any issues, don't hesitate to contact the official support.
Scroll down to see the chat window.

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Normally just as member @Bill K mention, it should be enough by use the " Check for updates " option. It could take a minute or two before the actual installation process is complete. If the latest version 18.1 still don't seem to been installed, a tip/hint is to go into Settings/Update, and try press the " Check now " button. I noticed in my VM, that specific workaround helped as long the system had downloaded the " Oneclient SAFE 4.60.2790 ".

Still havening a problem getting the latest version, it's probably best to get the latest installation package from " My F-Secure " account. Before one start that installation, it's recommended to release the previous license and also un-install the old version first. If you run into any issues, don't hesitate to contact the official support.
Scroll down to see the chat window.
Thank you:)

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Remote access protection

Very useful to protect yourself from fake Microsoft support scammers

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.