Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Quote: "

Version 18.2 (4.70.1302)​

Released November 2021

Easier access to My F-Secure

This version of SAFE brings added functionality to the People & Devices view, allowing you to manage your licenses, devices, and people in your group directly through the People & Devices view instead of logging into My F-Secure with the browser.

ID Monitoring in the main view

You can now access the ID Monitoring page directly from the product's main view if you have an ID PROTECTION subscription. You no longer need to log into My F-Secure with the browser.

Tamper protection functionality added

Tamper protection is a new addition that prevents you or any software, such as harmful applications, from disabling protection processes and changing the product's content in the installation folder or the registry settings.

Other improvements
  • The product's main user interface now supports high contrast mode.
  • Banking protection's remote access blocking capability has been improved. "

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Updated, thank you ;)

1638290581441.png

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Quote: "

Version 18.2 (4.70.1302)​

Released November 2021

Easier access to My F-Secure

This version of SAFE brings added functionality to the People & Devices view, allowing you to manage your licenses, devices, and people in your group directly through the People & Devices view instead of logging into My F-Secure with the browser.

ID Monitoring in the main view

You can now access the ID Monitoring page directly from the product's main view if you have an ID PROTECTION subscription. You no longer need to log into My F-Secure with the browser.

Tamper protection functionality added

Tamper protection is a new addition that prevents you or any software, such as harmful applications, from disabling protection processes and changing the product's content in the installation folder or the registry settings.

Other improvements
  • The product's main user interface now supports high contrast mode.
  • Banking protection's remote access blocking capability has been improved. "
Nice. Thank you. What's next?:)

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
This month, the emisi license will expire. I am thinking of renewing my emisi license or purchasing a F-Secure license.

F-Secure has become a bit of a heretic in Japan.
A few years ago, an employee of F-Secure's Japanese subsidiary did what it shouldn't do as a security software company. Since then, F-Secure's impression has been bad in Japan, and it's hard to find a place to buy it except on the official website.

robboman

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
This month, the emisi license will expire. I am thinking of renewing my emisi license or purchasing a F-Secure license.

F-Secure has become a bit of a heretic in Japan.
A few years ago, an employee of F-Secure's Japanese subsidiary did what it shouldn't do as a security software company. Since then, F-Secure's impression has been bad in Japan, and it's hard to find a place to buy it except on the official website.
F-secure would be a good pick, it's very lightweight and effective. Have used it the last 1.5 years as my main AV and it never failed me.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Slightly off topic but can someone tell me what virus signatures F-Secure uses ? I understand that they use a third-party, and they changed recently, I but cant see anything on their website about this. Where is this information published?

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Slightly off topic but can someone tell me what virus signatures F-Secure uses ? I understand that they use a third-party, and they changed recently, I but cant see anything on their website about this. Where is this information published?
I've heard that you changed from Bitdefender to avira, but I'm not sure about the official comments.
I also feel that many vendors are reluctant to give too much of such information.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Thanks.
On the basis of that information, I found this on the F-Secure website which confirms the above.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
The Beta version or? :unsure:
30 day trial. v 18.2.
If there is no problem with the software, I will purchase the license from the @SerialCart.:)

Only one thing is unclear at the moment. Because it does not recognize the portable version of FireFox, you cannot deploy web protection enhancements.
Like the UI, the account management screen is concise and very impressive. You can easily cancel a registered account or change your subscription.(y)

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
It won't recognize the MS store version of firefox either.
I had to install firefox via installation exe in order to get the browsing protection plugin.
Despite the above, and the occasional deepguard conflict with DRM of some Steam games, it is by far my favorite paid solution.
Lean, mean and simple.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
30 day trial. v 18.2.
If there is no problem with the software, I will purchase the license from the @SerialCart.:)

Only one thing is unclear at the moment. Because it does not recognize the portable version of FireFox, you cannot deploy web protection enhancements.
Smart as @SerialCart has some very sweet and nice deals. (y)

Personal, I'm on Operas stable version almost 24/7 and that also can't fully use their extension as it's not a so called " supported browser ", not without first sideload it through another extension.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.