App Review F-Secure SAFE 2021

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello everyone! :)
Today, we are going to test F-Secure!
F-Secure is a Finnish company, offering for several years an antivirus.
The SAFE range is quite recent, relying on Bitdefender for a while, then now on Avira.
It is user-friendly, light and above all very efficient.
Although it is autonomous, F-Secure has well protected the machine!
It also caught a malware during the analysis!
On the other hand, I didn't get any alert from F-Secure... I don't know if it's a bug of Windows 11 or of my virtual machine, but I want to point it out...
Very efficient, recommended ;)

RAM Usage : Very light
Phishing Test : 4/5 ( 1 missed)
Malware URL test : 9/10 (1 missed - Trojan)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected by Antivirus database)
Malware Pack : Remaining 0 files (all detected)
My Home Malware : 1/1 (Avira detection)
Result :
- F-Secure : 1 ( URL 1 / detected)
- Hitman Pro 1 (Malware - Sophos)
- NPE 1 (fake crack dropper)

Request by @Gandalf_The_Grey and @franz

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
On the other hand, I didn't get any alert from F-Secure... I don't know if it's a bug of Windows 11 or of my virtual machine, but I want to point it out...
The alert issue is probably because you tested F-Secure Safe version 18.0 on Windows 11.
18.1 just released is compatible with Windows 11:
Windows 11 support

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
I am a big fan of the new banking protection and Deepguard. Their webprotection is great. Tested it with 500 phishing links and around 1000 malware links. F-secure blocked between 95 %- 98% of the malicious sites :).

Also the support is great.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I am a big fan of the new banking protection and Deepguard. Their webprotection is great. Tested it with 500 phishing links and around 1000 malware links. F-secure blocked between 95 %- 98% of the malicious sites :).

Also the support is great.

What I really like about F-Secure is the Avira engine (+ its Cloud like Heur/APC that F-Secure uses), its lightness and especially that it is autonomous :)

When it was on Bitdefender, I hated it, slow, and quite heavy...

Mikko Hyponen's guys (CEO of F-Secure) have done a great job on the software and it protects my PC and my mobile now with Voodooshield Pro :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.