Troubleshoot Failed to schedule Software Protection

donzzi

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 6, 2017
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at 2019-02-15T12:11:06Z. Error Code: 0x80070002.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I look at https://answers.microsoft.com and another pages to create schedule for Software Protection service but don't work. Software Protection service status is Running if i Disable(Stop) my microsoft office don't work !
I have a problem to schedule Software Protection, do you have any idea how to fix it.

Screenshot_1.png

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Tracking that down could take quite a while you have to check all those too and compare the error codes, don't assume they are all the same that could hurt and not help. I would try chkdsk/r/f ? Or do you have a clone available ?

Upvote 0

donzzi

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 6, 2017
Tracking that down could take quite a while you have to check all those too and compare the error codes, don't assume they are all the same that could hurt and not help. I would try chkdsk/r/f ? Or do you have a clone available ?
I've tried to check for errors, but no any result.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Upvote 0

JiSingh12

Level 3
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
I've tried to check for errors, but no any result.
Did you solve?

Did you try the fixes provided by microsoft?
  1. Verify that the Task Scheduler service is running.
  2. Open the Computer Management tool, and then navigate to Configuration -> Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> SoftwareProtectionPlatform.
  3. On the General tab of SoftwareProtectionPlatform, select the security options, and then verify that the Software Protection Platform service is set to use the NETWORK SERVICE account.
  4. In Windows Explorer, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform folder, and then verify that the NETWORK SERVICE account has Read permissions for that folder. (Right click the SoftwareProtectionPlatform folder, go to Advanced settings, and add the account 'NETWORK SERVICE' with read permission.)
  5. Restart the Software Protection service if it is running.

Reactions: donzzi
Upvote 0

donzzi

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 6, 2017
Did you solve?

Did you try the fixes provided by microsoft?
  1. Verify that the Task Scheduler service is running.
  2. Open the Computer Management tool, and then navigate to Configuration -> Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> SoftwareProtectionPlatform.
  3. On the General tab of SoftwareProtectionPlatform, select the security options, and then verify that the Software Protection Platform service is set to use the NETWORK SERVICE account.
  4. In Windows Explorer, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform folder, and then verify that the NETWORK SERVICE account has Read permissions for that folder. (Right click the SoftwareProtectionPlatform folder, go to Advanced settings, and add the account 'NETWORK SERVICE' with read permission.)
  5. Restart the Software Protection service if it is running.
I have solved this problem.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.