Favorite Mobile Brand 2022

What is Your personal favorite mobile brand/vendor in 2022?

• Samsung

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Apple (iPhone)

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Nokia

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Sony

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Xiaomi

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Oneplus

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Realme

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Motorola

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
In the drawer lies a new (2 years little used) Xiaomi Redmi 9 Note.
It is impossible to use it - it crashes every now and then. I regret the purchase.

Reactions: roger_m and amirr

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
For Android smartphones:
If you don't mind installing a custom rom, i'd say in my experience it have to be Xiaomi, Samsung and Google Pixel phones. Xiaomi for the same reason as Samung in this case, due to wide variaty of support and availability in custom rom. Google Pixel smartphones, what can I say... For a company that tracks me everywhere, they do make high quality smartphones perfect for custom roms focused on security and/or privacy. Most people i know, only get them purely for the hardware and flash proper rom on it. They are great out-of-the-box too, if you don't mind Google tracking your every click and app (comes at a retail high price too).

Out-of-the-box for android, then my vote would go to the ancient Nokia phones (pre-2016!) and HTC from when they still made smartphones before they moved on to Virtual Reality sector. :)

Xiaomi out of the box is an either a "hate it or love it" kind of thing due to the default MIUI rom. Which can be experienced from very clunky to very feature rich, depending on your preferences. In my honest opinion, If you can get a decent one on both price and hardware it will get a reasonably long support cycle in the custom rom scene (both AOSP-based as well as MIUI based).

Last edited:
Reactions: roger_m

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Xiaomi out of the box is an either a "hate it or love it" kind of thing due to the default MIUI rom.
I bought one because they were suposed to have fast security updates (at least that was the way at the time of buying). I was in for a big disappointment (like they provided the december security update in march :( and so on)

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
I bought one because they were suposed to have fast security updates (at least that was the way at the time of buying). I was in for a big disappointment (like they provided the december security update in march :( and so on)
That is my experience with every brand, other than Google Pixel, unfortunately. Some brands may be more diligent nowadays to keep to the EU update law, but even that is being skimped on for lower-end and middle-bracket models with 1 minor update every 6 months and done.

Currently, I use a Poco F3 [6gb 128GB model], however, I only purchased it for the hardware. Bought it last November from the factory directly for €289 (incl. shipping and 25% VAT) with a discount. It still gets updates regularly and such, but I flashed it with a custom ROM for the pure fun of it. :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.