Advice Request Favorite security software that are now defunct?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What are your favorite past time security software, that are now defunct?

1. Windows SteadyState

1618946609005.png

2. GesWall

1618946801683.png

Images attached as thumbnails.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Sophos Sandboxie builds and prior builds of classic Sandboxie

Whoa--I was going to put down Internet Explorer and guess what? You can still dredge it up, even in 21H1 preview which is what I'm running now. So it's not defunct yet--it's alive, it's alive. But its performance is terrible compared to what it was back in the day.

For a short time, running IE in Sandboxie on Windows 10 was nigh perfect until the legacy Edge came along. I then ditched IE for Edge and SBIE couldn't work with that, of course.

I'm writing this from IE. It can't compare to the modern browsers now so in that respect, it's defunct. But it's still acessible in Windows 10.

IE.PNG

edited to clarify specifically Sophos builds of Sandboxie--nothing else. 😀

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.