Advice Request Favorite security software that are now defunct?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
MBAM v2

malwarebytes-antimalware-2.jpg

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
By the way, it seems that Zemana Antilogger also entered the category of programs whose development has been stopped. It hasn't been updated in over two years, and no updates are expected.

zemana_antilogger_1.png

And once it was a wonderful program :))

zemana-antilogger-screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nautilus

Level 2
Apr 27, 2020
some more golden oldies , in days of dialers , lop , hijackers and so on! the days that spyware scanners where standalone products!

avg antispyware , giant antispyware and webroot spysweeper :)

Attachments

• avg-anti-spyware1.jpg
    avg-anti-spyware1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 265
  • GIANT-AntiSpyware_10.png
    GIANT-AntiSpyware_10.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 255
  • Spy-Sweeper_1.png
    Spy-Sweeper_1.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 257

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
The XSOS firewall xSOS AI enhanced Firewall

Quite probably the most powerful internet tool ever devised, you could run scans on any website, see every ip address you connect to when opening that site, get detailed information about those addresses and create block lists of those addresses you did not want to connect too, like facebook, I had every known ip adress of facebook blocked and a host of others, giving me the cleanest, securest, and fastest surfing experience I ever had.

Unfortunately I had to do a complete OS reinstall a while back and can no longer use the software because the company vanished from the internet so it can't be re-activated.

I did not think it would last long however as it gave the user way to much control over the internet for the powers that be to let it exist.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.