New Update Firefox 106.0 Stable Release

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
106.0.1:
  • Addresses a crash experienced by users with AMD Zen 1 CPUs. (bug 1796126)
106.0.2:
  • Fix missing content on some PDF forms (bug 1794351).
  • Fix column width for the Notification sub-panel in Settings (bug 1793558).
  • Fix a browser freeze with accessibility enabled on some sites such as the Proxmox Web UI (bug 1793748).
  • Fix page reloading not working with Firefox View and not refreshing synced data (bug 1792680 and bug 1794474).
  • Fix browser not opening if installed from the Windows Store (Bug 1796391).
106.0.3:
  • Fix a startup crash for some users on Windows (bug 1797464).
  • Fixed an incompatibility with the new Windows 11 22H2 Suggested Actions feature resulting in hangs when copying text on a web page (bug 1774285).

unresolved:​
  • A fix for incompatibility with the new Windows 11 22H2 Suggested Actions is known to cause pasting issues in Chromium applications. That’s Chromium bug 1379879 / Mozilla Bug 1798117, and we will be landing a workaround to avoid the Chromium bug on a future release. (still unresolved)
106.0.4:
  • Fixed an issue with DRM Video playback (bug 1797292).
  • Fixed broken layout of datetime input when switching types (bug 1797139).
  • Fixes Firefox hanging when there is a Direct3D device reset (bug 1792115).
unresolved:​
  • We are investigating an increase in crashes reported by users with Intel Gemini Lake CPUs (fixed in 106.0.5).
  • Addresses a crash experienced by users with Intel Gemini Lake CPUs.

Version 106.0.2 seems to be the only feature hotfix this time around, as FF106 introduced PDF editing without relying on BLINK/chromium. Which was long overdue, but that seems to be one of the few things that stand out to me.

I also use Firefox, since well before chromium was even a project. But It does boggle me what all these crashes happen. Mind you, I never had any of these issues or crashes, but for all I know it could also be due to my numerous changes in about:config and not knowing which one fixed it/worked around it without even realizing it throughout the years.

Reactions: Stopspying

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
I told you already before that even Edge has similar bug fixes every week again, just check release notes, so what does that mean about the quality development of Edge ;)

I am also an long time user of FF, my age is really same (year of birth: 1978), but I can't agree for feeling any kind of shame regarding Firefox nor Mozilla, IMO.
It's simple like that, just choose a different web browser and move on... No need for complaints, but feel free to start an extra thread in this forums section of Firefox.
I apologise if I polluted the thread, or went off-topic, it was not my intention.
Didn't want to start any argument and I completely agree with you, in the end, it is just a tool and everyone must use the right tool for the job or the one that works best for them.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.