Firefox 75.0 released

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I find Firefox on Windows rather slow on image-heavy sites, but I have a cheaper i3 laptop and use a lot of add-ons. I still prefer FF to any Chromium-based browser because of its better management of bookmarks and downloads.

The fastest browser I have ever used is Slimjet, but it's based on an always slightly outdated version of Chromium. Firefox w/ only 3 add-ons on my 2017 Android tablet is so slow as to be unusable, so I mainly use Kiwi Browser on mobile these days.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I find Firefox on Windows rather slow on image-heavy sites, but I have a cheaper i3 laptop and use a lot of add-ons. I still prefer FF to any Chromium-based browser because of its better management of bookmarks and downloads.

The fastest browser I have ever used is Slimjet, but it's based on an always slightly outdated version of Chromium. Firefox w/ only 3 add-ons on my 2017 Android tablet is so slow as to be unusable, so I mainly use Kiwi Browser on mobile these days.
I agree that sites like Flickr can be slow loading on FF, but it doesn't seem much different when using other browsers. We're at the end of the line as it were, on the coast and lots of our traffic comes via another nearby coastal town, we felt that was more of a reason for why it seemed slow here rather than the type of device or software we were using. FF bookmarks, downloads and history are what I've got used to over the last 15 years, it may be that I don't want to learn new tricks as far as they're concerned, but I do like the way they work better than other browsers means of handling them

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
If you have any problem with YouTube borked here's the links:

also

thats problem for FF 72 and 75.0 its about Google (YT) not Mozilla

P.S i dont have problem with it :unsure:

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
If you have any problem with YouTube borked here's the links:

also

thats problem for FF 72 and 75.0 its about Google (YT) not Mozilla

P.S i dont have problem with it :unsure:

Now why am I not surprised that G**gle/YouTube have done something that potentially leads to messing up anti-fingerprinting techniques?!

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I'm cooking something to fix all the nonsense Mozilla has thrown into Firefox. Check my new tool:

I'm already working on a fully reworked one with a lot more tweaks and features, but will probably take some more time to do and I'll post a proper thread for it when it's done. In the meanwhile you can use the current version to fix all the stupid crap in Firefox 75. Especially that stupid new URL bar. In just few clicks and without any dicking around about:config and copying and pasting things around.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.