Firefox for Android v79.0.0 released

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The new FF just released. Not many extensions supported though. 9 nos. of extensions supported as seen in the below screenshots

Get it from apkmirror in the link provided. It's pretty fast as few extensions are loaded and I have not tinkled with the preferences yet

Screenshot_20200730_010113_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20200730_010130_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20200730_010143_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20200730_010157_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
It's a stupid decision to release it to stable before they've finished supporting all the extensions. There's only a handful of Firefox for Android users out there, why disappoint them! Personally, I need CookieAutodelete along with uBlock Origin but the former is not available yet. I've been trying out the Nightly version for a long time and now disabled update for the stable version to keep the old one.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Any idea when it is available in Google Store? FF beta is version 80. Tried FF beta, but could not find a setting to adapt the new tab page. I don't like browsers with no NTP configuration.

Maybe v79 user can show where to personalize new tab page

EDIT
Unexpected surprise FF v69 seems to offer what I am looking for on mobile: configurable new tab (showing bookmarks), auto delete history on exit, block tracking cookies and 2 extensions (adblock for youtube and ublock with Kees1958 top 3000 and Aguard mobile ads filter) 👍

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.