Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
interesting .. I'll check it out once it's released .
actually, 3 weeks ago I'd uninstalled Firefox from my gaming laptop, it turns out that if opened while I'm gaming it hogged the cpu like crazy, causing the cpu to reach horrible high temperatures !

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
2x faster

Powered by a new, cutting-edge engine, Firefox has doubled its speed from last year. Because the Internet waits for no one.

Lean, mean speed machine
Firefox Quantum’s new engine uses 30% less memory than Chrome, so other programs won’t slow down during browsing. Now that’s a win-win.

Read More.
2x faster and 30% less memory | Firefox Quantum Browser
AFAIK some of the components of Servo engine have already been transplanted to Gecko. So why new name?
Is this a separate version of FF? Or just the FF 56 Beta version. I am confused cause the webpage says 'Firefox Quantum';)
Still FF has improved a lot, no matter what they call it. :)
Edit: Never mind, the webpage links to FF beta version.

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Ok i am a bit confused.
This new browser has right now three versions?
Beta,Developer and Nightly?
Or if you use one of these versions of FF you will use the quantum engine?
I am asking because now i am using Firefox Nightly v.58. Does this version has Quantum engine?
I am confusedo_O

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Ok i am a bit confused.
This new browser has right now three versions?
Beta,Developer and Nightly?
Or if you use one of these versions of FF you will use the quantum engine?
I am asking because now i am using Firefox Nightly v.58. Does this version has Quantum engine?
I am confusedo_O
All of them have some portions of Quantum engine. But the newer versions have more of it, i.e Nightly has the most Servo/Quantum components in it than stable release.

Plebman123

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.