Serious Discussion Fort Firewall

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi anyone know how to get back that yellow triangle for prompts ,fortfirewall is blocking me from internet ,had to uninstall. Just want to go back to the yellow prompts .Thks
ok Nevermind new version fixed it.

tnodir

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 19, 2022
@blueblackwow65 Please install v3.8.2
If it still blocks, then:
- uninstall it
- remove "C:\ProgramData\Fort Firewall\" and "C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Fort Firewall\" folders
- install latest version (v3.8.2 now)

Reactions: blueblackwow65

tnodir

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 19, 2022
Hi is it normal during upgrade to get a driver install error ,driver already installed ,please uninstall driver to update driver?
Hi. No, it’s not normal.

Can you please show screenshot of the error? Which Windows version, 32/64 bit? Which Fort’s installer, 32/64 bit?

You can try to uninstall it, restart computer and install again.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I shut down the computer after that ,it seems to be ok but i can re-install and see ,just that i will lose all my allows.Is there a backup option for that to keep settings /config? Thks

tnodir

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 19, 2022
Is there a backup option for that to keep settings /config?
Not yet.

You can copy folders:
- %ProgramData%/Fort Firewall/
- %LocalAppData%/Fort Firewall/

Backup them after uninstall and replace before installation.

Do not confirm "Delete data & config folders?" on uninstall.

Reactions: harlan4096

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Ok Thks ,I also have noticed my computer will not boot some times to desktop i have to use the restart button ,i noticed this after installing fortfirewall.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
No self protection and what i mean is it will not go to desktop it sits there and i need to just press the reset button ,this has happened many times since i installed the software. I tested without FF and all was good.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.