Serious Discussion Fort Firewall

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I just tried firefox and spywareblaster ,also thunderbird icon is with yellow triangle ,i have not allowed these programs yet but they still connect.

tnodir

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 19, 2022
I just tried firefox and spywareblaster ,also thunderbird icon is with yellow triangle ,i have not allowed these programs yet but they still connect.
Default filter mode is "Auto-Learn", which auto-allows new programs.
So they have yellow triangle and "Allow" action in the Programs window.

Try to block them and double check.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
If i block , it does not connect.So instead of auto learn being onauto allow it should be blocked first,just my 2 cents and only allowed by user interaction

tnodir

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 19, 2022
If i block , it does not connect.So instead of auto learn being onauto allow it should be blocked first,just my 2 cents and only allowed by user interaction
OTOH, I've received several complaints from novice users, that nothing works after the Fort installation (when default mode was "Block, if not allowed"). :)

I set "Auto-Learn" by default to not block connections when you install on remote computer. Otherwise it becomes unreachable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Back3

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
ok so i block first and allow later .if auto learn is set to allow first there should be no yellow triangle ,it already allowed the program through.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.