Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
hope someone will test it because I quit testing for a while
some people never believe my tests so a different person will do it better

I for one greatly appreciate your tests.

And I tire of the stupid test-bashers.

All tests have variables and limitations. Yeah, we all know that. While discussion of test methodologies can and should occur, the mindless bashing of testing, both at the amateur and pro levels is annoying.

Unless you are willing to do a better test yourself, you should not engage in mindless test bashing. Discussion, yes. Bashing -- no.

Tests ARE the basis for evaluation of different capabilities. If you don't believe that... you don't get it.

Some people seem to think that it makes them look smart to incessantly attack testing. Some people deny and attack testing as it exposes the actual capability of their pet product. See Triple-Hernia as a prime example of such.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
What tweaks did you exactly applied for the web filter? Only one useful I could find was to set https_block_method to 1 to get block notifications :rolleyes:

it gets into a long story about having fat finders and not realizing something obvious. the interface for making tweaks took me a few tries to figure out. ok now (I think :oops:), whatever you did if it works for you is optimal. I defer to ForgottenSeer 58943 for suggested tweaks.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
The secure search looks really like something. Can I presume there are out there hand cut lists of blacklist terms that can be applied to search elements in browsers?

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
I had no signatures update last Sunday for the whole day, then it updates every time I start my PC and then every hour (unless I manually check for updates).
This is the link to check the latest database version: FortiGuard
Even this weekend, no signatures updates on my FortiClient even if the database has been updated, according to FortiGuard :confused::confused::confused:
Since I use my home computer mainly on weekends, this is an issue for me :(

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Even this weekend, no signatures updates on my FortiClient even if the database has been updated, according to FortiGuard:confused::confused::confused:
The same as the 360TS. Yesterday I was nervous and I uninstalled it. Now i am with Kaspersy free I will not change it for a long time

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Even this weekend, no signatures updates on my FortiClient even if the database has been updated, according to FortiGuard:confused::confused::confused:

I have gotten numerous updates from Fortinet over the weekend, 9 on Saturday and 5 so far today. I believe these are signature updates, although in Notifications the entries say simply, "Update" and "Update Successful".

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
I have gotten numerous updates from Fortinet over the weekend, 9 on Saturday and 5 so far today. I believe these are signature updates, although in Notifications the entries say simply, "Update" and "Update Successful".
Just hover the mouse on FC tray icon and check the db version.
Mine is still 61.886 even if the current one is 61.908
FortiGuard

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I'm just using their web protection & in my case vulnerability sig ain't getting updates.

Are vulnerability sigs the only sigs you get when running web protection only? I believe this would be associated with the Vulnerability scanner, but I don't know. Don't think updating this module would be on a daily basis normally->new updates from MS->new sigs. Curious if you see any other kind of updates.

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Are vulnerability sigs the only sigs you get when running web protection only? I believe this would be associated with the Vulnerability scanner, but I don't know. Don't think updating this module would be on a daily basis normally->new updates from MS->new sigs. Curious if you see any other kind of updates.
yea, I just get vulnerability sig updates & the engine is updated but no sig update since 17th august. & interface is showing out-of-date, so that's annoying. 2018-09-02_18-53-13.png

Reactions: vtqhtr413 and AtlBo

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
& regarding just web protection installation, I've noticed that sometimes for some reasons forticlient installer doesn't import the ssl cert unless you have also installed ssl-vpn function of forticlient.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo and Moonhorse

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I'm just using their web protection & in my case vulnerability sig ain't getting updates.
When you try some links (malcode), does the web filter blocks any of them? Webfilter seems to be only against specific categories.
From what I gather, it is AV, that blocks malicious links, when I disable it and keep web filtering on, it does not block anything.

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
When you try some links (malcode), does the web filter blocks any of them? Webfilter seems to be only against specific categories.
From what I gather, it is AV, that blocks malicious links, when I disable it and keep web filtering on, it does not block anything.

for me web filter is working flawlessly. I've tried with vxvault in the recent past. What's your configuration for web filters?

2018-09-02_19-20-01.png

Reactions: AtlBo

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
for me web filter is working flawlessly. I've tried with vxvault in the recent past. What's your configuration for web filters?
I have just an adult filter enabled, there are no malware filters, as far as I can tell, unless I would enable Unrated, which is probably default-deny.

This link for example:
Code:
keyba01se.usa.cc/emmymalay.exe
When the AV's filter is disabled, the file gets downloaded, otherwise it is properly blocked.

Attachments

• 40607007_2116231318695858_137396437590736896_n.jpg
    40607007_2116231318695858_137396437590736896_n.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 40684666_2192903354332496_2042843852234031104_n.jpg
    40684666_2192903354332496_2042843852234031104_n.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 248
Reactions: AtlBo and stefanos

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.