Advice Request Free AV with real-time protection and small impact on performance

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Wisevector. There are 2 versions, both free right now. Use 2.73 if you already have a firewall of choice. Or, you can opt for their 3.03 beta if you want a firewall and HIPS. I use version 2.73 with Comodo firewall (properly set up), and find the combination gives rock solid protection,

Amnesia

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 23, 2021
Wisevector. There are 2 versions, both free right now. Use 2.73 if you already have a firewall of choice. Or, you can opt for their 3.03 beta if you want a firewall and HIPS. I use version 2.73 with Comodo firewall (properly set up), and find the combination gives rock solid protection,
antivirus and firewall are two different things

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeN

Level 6
Verified
May 10, 2011
The new v3.03 is a stable release, not a beta. Even though there's still no paid version yet.
Do they have certifications like ISO 27001 for this piece of software? Or any tests in well known security organizations? If you want to sell something, someone has to be interested to buying it ;)

Reactions: tipo

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Do they have certifications like ISO 27001 for this piece of software? Or any tests in well known security organizations? If you want to sell something, someone has to be interested to buying it ;)

Hello League :)

I remind you that Wisevector is very new, and it seems to me that they are few to develop it.
It is not at all comparable to Bitdefender, Avira or Norton!
So I think you are a bit hard on them....
On the other hand for the work they have done, I find it impressive, even if they have to improve as I told them.

JoeN

Level 6
Verified
May 10, 2011
Of course, relying on the opinion of random people from the Internet is always better than an opinion supported by reliable tests and certifications :whistle:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Of course, relying on the opinion of random people from the Internet is always better than an opinion supported by reliable tests and certifications :whistle:
It's done very well when tested here at the Malware Hub, performing as well as established big name antiviruses and also when tested by Cruelsister. So it's more than just opinion.

JoeN

Level 6
Verified
May 10, 2011
It's done very well when tested here at the Malware Hub, performing as well as established big name antiviruses and also when tested by Cruelsister. So it's more than just opinion.

So now it should get some real potato stamp :cool:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I'm surprised that you say that because you also do Antivirus testing ....
Like me, cruelsister etc....
I understand his point of view. Getting tested by trustable professional lab testers, getting certified by Microsoft for integration into Windows Security, etc. seal of approvals is required to build trust on the product as well as the company. These are a must for any product that provides real time protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.