On mac there was a secure extraction button when you open the app, but it detected only Eicar.Is it just me, or does it do nothing but compress and decompress???
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
On mac there was a secure extraction button when you open the app, but it detected only Eicar.Is it just me, or does it do nothing but compress and decompress???
Did they update the English version, or using the old one?HaoZip,
Is it just me, or does it do nothing but compress and decompress???
I used the Secure Extract button for all malware samples. Only eicar was detected. Even if there are some detection capabilities, most likely these will be based on MD5/SHA256 hashes. The VSAPI is not integrated in this product.View attachment 289785
Btw, did you use Safe Extract? I was just wondering why your archiver didn't detect Eicar, but it worked with Trident.
View attachment 289785
Btw, did you use Secure Extract? I was just wondering why your archiver didn't detect Eicar, but it worked with Trident.





fwiw I am running malwarebytes "premium" on my macOS mini and no ads seen. very light non-intrusive.Intro: Trend Micro offers several “utilities” for mac that serve more as a platform for displaying ads than tools created to serve users.
I'm still using a patched Chinese one from two years ago. I don't think there are any more recent patched versions.Did they update the English version, or using the old one?
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes