Serious Discussion Free xdr by airiam.

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
I registered for the free version and it looks like an XDR client. It doesn't come with the features a paid EDR client like Checkpoint Harnony has in its dashboard.

Setup and uninstall of the client is a breeze.

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
It's based on Wazuh for the agent and it seem to use Trend Micro for threat detection. However, installation was painful and unsuccessful:

The installer ended prematurely when installing the agent, and I had to run the installer again to get it to work, and once it was installed, the Wazuh "Manage Agent" shortcut just gives me a error, requiring me to go into the Wazuh folder and launch the agent manually, which also fixes the Manage Agent shortcut. And once the Wazuh agent is finally on screen I can't get it to work, since you are not given a authentication key, and the client.keys file is empty and the API key doesn't seem to be what youre supposed to paste in as I just get a "Unable to important authentication key".

It honestly feels like something that's still in development, as many features like GDPR in Compliance is "Coming Soon", and going into the MITRE ATT&CK tab in Threats causes the entire dashboard to go black, forcing you to close the tab and go back into the dashboard.

Last edited:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
It's a buggy mess for me. The installer ended prematurely and I always have to run the installer twice to get it to work, and once it is installed, the "Manage Agent" executable just throws up a error, requiring me to go into the Wazuh folder to actually launch the agent and get the Manage Agent shortcut to work, and once the Wazuh agent is on screen the API key doesn't even work since it never creates a client key and the API key doesn't work.
This sounds like too much drama just to use a free XDR (with a dashboard designed to be less than useful).

Reactions: [correlate]

Xciting

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 14, 2023
oh yeah airiam dont work for me its not showing up in agents :/ anyone else have the same issue or does it take a while

• Thanks
Reactions: kylprq

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.