Advice Request Freedome VPN Subscription Issue?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Is Your Previous Freedome Subscription Gone?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No...it's still there!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Just noted on my beloved Freedome VPN that my previous almost 2 years subscription suddenly only have 6 days left. :( The codes was retrived from one of many promo links both posted here and elsewhere and more or less all of those are now gone or dead. F-Secure have been updating there subscription access for Freedome as of now it's only available from within the software itself and not as previous also through the mysafe portal as that had a registration " bug ".

Those that have and use F-Secure Freedomes VPN please vote so we all can get a better view on this possible issue.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Too many promo based subscriptions/server load and they might have backed out of the giveaway. It happens sometimes, I remember one antivirus was given away for 6 months and they turned it into free version within 20 days.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
It's twitter, they need something to tweet;lol;)

Damn Mockingjays! :p

I did try to contact their support but they keep terminating the support session. :mad:

Tried the same but gave up after 30 minutes of...A support representative will be with you shortly. Guess they gone for the weekend.

Perhaps the cut happened with those that had subscriptions over 365 days or any of you guys had less? Mine was as I sayed almost 2 year and sad to hear some people now have zero days left and I fully agree with arslan ejaz that F-Secure should have given members a chance instead of IMO acting extremly foul as now done. Nobody hacked or sploited F-Secure but simply used promotion codes that was fully legit and freely given away.

From reading some on there supportforum I belive the best thing we can do for now is open a support ticket and see if it's possible to retrive a new subscription key. Add the voucer/promo code from your email in the support ticket. Try here : Request support | F-Secure

Update in this thread what happend. ;)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Damn Mockingjays! :p

Tried the same but gave up after 30 minutes of...A support representative will be with you shortly. Guess they gone for the weekend.

Perhaps the cut happened with those that had subscriptions over 365 days or any of you guys had less? Mine was as I sayed almost 2 year and sad to hear some people now have zero days left and I fully agree with arslan ejaz that F-Secure should have given members a chance instead of IMO acting extremly foul as now done. Nobody hacked or sploited F-Secure but simply used promotion codes that was fully legit and freely given away.

From reading some on there supportforum I belive the best thing we can do for now is open a support ticket and see if it's possible to retrive a new subscription key. Add the voucer/promo code from your email in the support ticket. Try here : Request support | F-Secure

Update in this thread what happend. ;)
Will do i am not happy. :mad:

Reactions: Rishi and upnorth

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Crap...just found F-Secures official statement on this that they repeat without any other comment...

Quote : " Hello Everyone,

We are now in the process of expiring the Freedome subscription codes that are linked to trial F-Secure SAFE licenses, as the free 1-year Freedome subscription was only for customers who purchased F-Secure SAFE from the campaign. These Freedome subscriptions will be expired over the next few weeks.

When we expire these Freedome subscriptions, your Freedome subscription will expire 7 days after this. If multiple Freedome subscription codes have been used on the same device, your installation will expire one week after we expire the subscription
. "

Source : Re: 365 days promotion code changed to only 7 days left - Page 2 - F-Secure Community - 78518

Poor and very foul action IMO as this risk getting F-Secure a bad rep but that's there own fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.