Advice Request Freedome VPN Subscription Issue?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Is Your Previous Freedome Subscription Gone?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No...it's still there!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
This action might actually fall under the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive or the Misleading and Comparative Advertising Directive stated by the European Commission as F-Secure is running and have it's headquarter in Finland and Finland is a members state of EU and this directives are the exact type of things that are also supposed to protect us the consumers/customers but I'm also pretty sure F-Secure has it's legal terms covered anyway somewhere in the fineprinting that we all accept when we installed it. :(

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I may not using any F-secure product but that action is very unprofessional and terrible in the sense where misinformed for that license issue, especially that even though some are in promos without money spend but the thing goes where it should be properly implemented.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I'm pretty sure I'll receive the exact same sort of reply all others got or soon will get from F-Secure in this matter. I enjoyed it as long it lasted and it worked very fast and smooth. F-Secure does have great security products but the handling on this specific issue was and is IMO plain wrong and it's been sad to see it. Personal I will not renew my subscription for now because I already switched to an other VPN vendor.

Good Bye So Long F-Secure Freedome...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.