Serious Discussion FS Protection PC 19.1 releases (beta)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Release 19.1 Beta 1 (TOTAL 5.2.346):​

Please note that some strings are not localized yet.

New features:
  • VPN Settings: Applications bypassing VPN (PBL-9946)
  • Locations info at the VPN subview (PBL-10636)
  • Scheduled scan: Run task as soon as possible if missed (PBL-10465)
  • Change location of "Turn off all protection" button (PBL-10370). It has been moved to the Settings dialog.
  • Vault Master Password feedback texts rewritten (KID-954)
  • Empty Vault now shows add & import actions (KID-420)
  • Vault search related improvements: clearing search, magnifying glass icon persistence, empty search results visualization (KID-329, KID-331, KID-1577)
Removed features:
  • Windows 7 support. Installation and updates are blocked on Windows 7 (PBL-10152)
  • Proxy configuration in Settings. Product now automatically uses Windows proxy if it is set up. (PBL-10475)
Fixed issues:
  • Closing the window during onboarding process leads to confusing state. (PBL-10783)
  • Scanning with fsscan.exe fails with "No entitlement" error (PBL-10800)
  • Vault password viewer now shows emojis correctly (KID-1597)
  • Vault feature card now updates correctly if Vault is synced in onboarding flow (KID-1581)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Release 19.1 beta 2 (5.2.597):​

New features:
  • Priority of the smart tasks has changed a bit (PBL-10660)
  • Banking Protection: "Disconnect in-memory modified processes" will protect against insertion of malicious threads into legitimate processes, disconnecting such processes when banking session starts (PBL-4437)
  • Added initials as new symbol (icon) type for Vault entries. (KID-1479)
  • Vault entries imported from other products now default to "initials" icon type. (KID-1612)
Fixed issues:
  • Clicking the VPN bypass button/link text does not refocus upon an open vpn bypass window (PBL-9946)
  • VPN subview left alignment wrong (PBL-10836)
  • Fixed Vault entry's password history clearing. (KID-1604)
  • Vault error texts improved related to connecting devices. (KID-222)
  • Fixed Vault settings import area layout for languages with long text. (KID-1608)
  • Fixed Vault autolock settings info box layout for languages with long text. (KID-1609)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Release 19.1 beta 3 (5.2.1057):​

New features:
  • Account menu has been updated. It now contains information about the license inside the menu and link to manage account. Main view no longer has the subscription validity.
  • Subscription page has been updated. It now only contains a button to renew subscription (as manage account was moved to menu).
  • Subscription expiring and expired smart tasks texts have been updated.
  • Scheduled scanning waits for gaming mode to end before starting. If gaming mode activates during scheduled scan, it is paused and resumed once gaming mode ends.
  • VPN usage and blocking statistics are now shown in VPN sub-view
  • VPN notifications are shown (e.g. VPN is on, but UI application is closing; VPN is configured to connect automatically on startup and an user logs in; VPN connection fails due to an error)
  • Show and hide functionality to Vault's notes field when viewing entry (KID-1566)
  • Copying improvements to Vault entry viewer fields. (KID-1169)
  • Smart tasks for new & existing user Vault onboarding. (KID-1558, KID-1559)
Fixed issues:
  • Fixes to focus issues with VPN bypass window
  • Fixed issue long localization not fitting in VPN tools button in VPN sub-view (SAFE_BUG-03863)

likeastar20

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
Submitted a bug report 3 days ago and told them on the forum, but still nothing.
I tried again today, still nothing. Created a new account and was accepted, but then when I try to log in I get "Access to account restricted. Please check your email for instructions". Is the beta still going on or what?

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I tried again today, still nothing. Created a new account and was accepted, but then when I try to log in I get "Access to account restricted. Please check your email for instructions". Is the beta still going on or what?
I'm not one of the Beta testers, but last time I checked the section/thread for 19.1 it was obvious others had similar issues, even after the " server " fix. Perhaps one of the testers here on MT can try and mention you.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Release 19.1 beta 5 (5.2.2285):​

New features:
  • Multi-selection and batch deletion of Vault entries (KID-1513)
  • Show Vault browser extension activated state in Autofill UI (KID-1469)
  • Vault side menu items are now disabled instead of hidden when not usable (KID-1620)
  • Select freshly created Vault entry in entry list. (KID-1621)
  • Vault's new/changed Master Password minimum length requirement is now 12 characters. (KID-1628)
Fixed issues:
  • Vault related smart tasks lifetime improved (KID-1655, KID-1697)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Release 19.1 beta 6 (5.2.2538):​

Fixed issues:
  • Improved scheduling of update checks, update should now happen faster after resume from sleep
  • In rare cases smart task does not open main UI (PBL-11115)
  • Opening app from Password Manager browser extension was not always working (KID-1704)

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
TOTAL 19.1 has been released to production. Thank you all for testing and reporting bugs. We will continue with the beta after holiday season, stay tuned in August.

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Thank you @upnorth I love this forum and how we keep each other up to date. I just ran a manual update... :) :)

fsecure 19.1.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.