App Review G DATA Total Security 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Product name
G DATA Total Security 2022
Installation (rating)
5.00 star(s)
User interface (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
Simple and red. All the options are nicely accessible thru tabs.
Performance (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Proactive protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
It uses the Bitdefender engine and in-house engine and the protection is really good. Every malware sample or phishing website is blocked.

The behavior blocker is one of the best I have ever used.
Browser protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Positives
    • Many features
    • Low impact on system resources
    • Highly configurable
    • Easy to use
    • Simple and non-intrusive
    • Ransomware protection
    • Strong and reliable protection
    • Detects or blocks in the wild malware
    • Consistently high test scores
    • Accurate results and reliable antivirus engine
    • Effective malicious URL blocking
    • Virus signatures are updated daily
    • Excellent scores in independent tests
    • Great value for money
    • Effective malware removal
    • Well designed, clear and easy to use interface
    • Multi-layer protection approach
Negatives
    • Advanced users may want more control
Time spent using product
Computer specs
HP mini tower
i3 ( 2015 )
Nvidia
10GB RAM
250GB Samsung Evo SSD
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
  2. Inexperienced users
  3. Experienced users
  4. Multi-user devices
  5. Financial banking or trading
  6. High-end or medium spec PCs
  7. Low spec PCs
Overall rating
5.00 star(s)

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Shadowra is just a Youtube tester. Not an authority. Even a 5 year old can craft a test and give you the result you want.

There are lots of valid complaints about G DATA. It taking forever to quarantine malicious files is one of them. That issue, along with many others, have been on the forums for a long time. G DATA is a "sustainment" project and its publisher is only applying marketing updates once every few years.
go express your opinion but don't do that by calling some one "just a youtuber" and making a Gdata review thread a Gdata complain thread. If you have so many complains go make a tick and complain to people who makes it.

low L!fe

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
I have been using GDATA since November until now and there are no problems with my PC
I used to use Bitdefender before and the reason I switched to G Data is because it is the Cheaper in my area great product that I would recommend to you
my pc specs : HP Z2 G4 Tower i7 8700/32GB RAM/512 M2 SSD + 2TB+ 2TB / Intel HD Graphics
thank you

devjit2020

Level 2
Apr 7, 2022
You are a Youtube tester. It is just your opinion. It is unfortunate if it hurts your feelings, but Youtube testers don't have a lot of credibility, even the well-established ones who have been around for 10+ years.

Unless antivirus testing is done to a well-accepted framework, such as AMSTO, then it may or may not meet the bare minimum standard. You Youtubers and Malware Hub testers keep referencing that you use Zero-Day malware, as if you are the only ones doing it. In some established AV lab tests, 100% of the malware samples or test frameworks are 100% Zero-Day. So you are not doing better testing, not even with a stretch of the imagination. And at least the labs test all AV against the same threats at the same time in a properly controlled environment, whereas Youtube testers just test 1 product at a time.
You don't have the right to insult anyone. Shadowra has been testing many products and it takes time and effort to do so. If you cannot appreciate his efforts you have no right to insult him. I've been following your comments lately and you only seem to spam the threads. Don't know why the moderators are not taking any action against you.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
You don't have the right to insult anyone. Shadowra has been testing many products and it takes time and effort to do so. If you cannot appreciate his efforts you have no right to insult him. I've been following your comments lately and you only seem to spam the threads. Don't know why the moderators are not taking any action against you.
You are so right, this kiddie still here. i agree with you.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
You are a Youtube tester. It is just your opinion. It is unfortunate if it hurts your feelings, but Youtube testers don't have a lot of credibility, even the well-established ones who have been around for 10+ years.

Unless antivirus testing is done to a well-accepted framework, such as AMSTO, then it may or may not meet the bare minimum standard. You Youtubers and Malware Hub testers keep referencing that you use Zero-Day malware, as if you are the only ones doing it. In some established AV lab tests, 100% of the malware samples or test frameworks are 100% Zero-Day. So you are not doing better testing, not even with a stretch of the imagination. And at least the labs test all AV against the same threats at the same time in a properly controlled environment, whereas Youtube testers just test 1 product at a time.
What is your goal here on the forum? Is it belittling the work of others and talking nonsense? If so, this is not your place, behave yourself, here you have to respect it, otherwise get out.

F

ForgottenSeer 94943

Are you the same person as Lothar ?
Bashing is your hobby ?
Pointing sth that does not work out is not necessarily "bashing".

Anyway, my experience with G Data was not so smooth. I could live with that, but what drove me away was the never arriving product updates. When a new version was released, I had to wait for so long but to no avail.

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Uhh... I did another search for G-data (Search Titles Only) by Shadowra. No hits. Hmmm???

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.