64-bit
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    None - No Malware on host PC or VM
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2018.12.0.9137 , Comodo Firewall 11.0.0.6728
    Custom Settings For Real-Time Protection
    Custom - Minor changes for Increased Security
    Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    HitmanPro, Zemana AntiMalware
    Browsers and Extensions
    Google Chrome with AdGuard, Emsisoft Browser Security, and LastPass
    Microsoft Edge with AdGuard and LastPass
    Web Privacy
    AdGuard extension
    Password Manager
    LastPass
    Web Search
    Google
    System Utilities
    CCleaner Pro, PrivaZer, SysHardener, O&O ShutUp10 and Run By SmartScreen
    Data Backup
    OneDrive, File History
    Frequency of Data backups
    Always-on Sync
    System Backup
    Acronis True Image WD Edition
    Frequency of System backups
    Occasionally
    Computer Specifications
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/gandalf_the_greys-laptop.61853/

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 19
    Verified
    Finally got Kaspersky Security Cloud Free installed. Downgraded Comodo Firewall 11 to the super stable 10.
    For browser security I use the AdGuard extension as adblocker, Kaspersky for malware and the Netcraft Extension for phishing.
    The only issue I still have is the ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE with Kapsersky and the latest Google Chrome with TLS 1.3 with some sites.
    Q&A - Kaspersky Free causing ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE
    It's the same error I had with Kaspersky Free Antivirus and I'm in contact with Kaspersky Support in the hope to get that resolved.
    We are very, very, very slowly getting to the problem :unsure:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 19
    Verified
    On the 18th of October the ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error was finally solved by Kaspersky.
    The latest version of Comodo Firewall 11.0.0.6728 works without any problems for me.
    I removed the Netcraft extension from Chrome and Zemana Anti-Malware portable as second opinion scanner.
    Added OneDrive's always on sync for my Documents and Photo's.

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    I removed Netcraft because I want to have a minimal set of extensions and I doubt if it's still needed with Kaspersky.
    But still not sure about Netcraft or Microsoft Browser Protection as extra protection against phishing.
    I like them both but want to avoid overkill.
    Makes sense, same idea I have as well.

~LDogg

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

oldschool

Level 30
    Verified
    I removed Netcraft because I want to have a minimal set of extensions and I doubt if it's still needed with Kaspersky.
    But still not sure about Netcraft or Microsoft Browser Protection as extra protection against phishing.
    I like them both but want to avoid overkill.

I completely understand as I did the same recently. (y) Traveling very light in Edge and Brave, not so much in Firefox since it needs more help. Either choice you make should be fine.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 19
    Verified
    Took a break from Kaspersky for the new year. Had already an active license for Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
    Surprised how much faster my laptop is going from Kaspersky (almost at default settings) to Emsisoft (almost at default settings).
    When eventually returning to Kaspersky I will tweak it for performance according to the post of @Evjl's Rain :
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/kaspersky-free-antivirus-2019-december-2018-report.88397/page-3#post-787210
    Removed Windows Defender Browser Protection extension. So I have now only 3 extensions in Google Chrome: AdGuard, Emsisoft and LastPass.

stefanos

Level 22
    Verified
    Took a break from Kaspersky for the new year. Had already an active license for Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
    Surprised how much faster my laptop is going from Kaspersky (almost at default settings) to Emsisoft (almost at default settings).
    When eventually returning to Kaspersky I will tweak it for performance according to the post of @Evjl's Rain :
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/kaspersky-free-antivirus-2019-december-2018-report.88397/page-3#post-787210
    Removed Windows Defender Browser Protection extension. So I have now only 3 extensions in Google Chrome: AdGuard, Emsisoft and LastPass.
    Simple and powerful protection (y)