64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2018.12.0.9137 , Comodo Firewall 11.0.0.6728
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Minor changes for Increased security
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    HitmanPro, Zemana AntiMalware
    Browsers and Extensions
    Google Chrome with AdGuard, Emsisoft Browser Security, and LastPass
    Microsoft Edge with AdGuard and LastPass
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    AdGuard extension
    Password Managers
  • LastPass
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    CCleaner Pro, PrivaZer, SysHardener, O&O ShutUp10 and Run By SmartScreen
    Data Backup
    OneDrive, File History
    Frequency of Data backups
    Always-on Sync
    System Backup
    Acronis True Image WD Edition
    Frequency of System backups
    Occasionally
    Computer Specifications
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/gandalf_the_greys-laptop.61853/

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 21
    Verified
    Finally got Kaspersky Security Cloud Free installed. Downgraded Comodo Firewall 11 to the super stable 10.
    For browser security I use the AdGuard extension as adblocker, Kaspersky for malware and the Netcraft Extension for phishing.
    The only issue I still have is the ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE with Kapsersky and the latest Google Chrome with TLS 1.3 with some sites.
    Q&A - Kaspersky Free causing ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE
    It's the same error I had with Kaspersky Free Antivirus and I'm in contact with Kaspersky Support in the hope to get that resolved.
    We are very, very, very slowly getting to the problem :unsure:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 21
    Verified
    On the 18th of October the ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error was finally solved by Kaspersky.
    The latest version of Comodo Firewall 11.0.0.6728 works without any problems for me.
    I removed the Netcraft extension from Chrome and Zemana Anti-Malware portable as second opinion scanner.
    Added OneDrive's always on sync for my Documents and Photo's.

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    I removed Netcraft because I want to have a minimal set of extensions and I doubt if it's still needed with Kaspersky.
    But still not sure about Netcraft or Microsoft Browser Protection as extra protection against phishing.
    I like them both but want to avoid overkill.
    Makes sense, same idea I have as well.

~LDogg

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

oldschool

Level 35
    Verified
    I removed Netcraft because I want to have a minimal set of extensions and I doubt if it's still needed with Kaspersky.
    But still not sure about Netcraft or Microsoft Browser Protection as extra protection against phishing.
    I like them both but want to avoid overkill.

I completely understand as I did the same recently. (y) Traveling very light in Edge and Brave, not so much in Firefox since it needs more help. Either choice you make should be fine.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 21
    Verified
    Took a break from Kaspersky for the new year. Had already an active license for Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
    Surprised how much faster my laptop is going from Kaspersky (almost at default settings) to Emsisoft (almost at default settings).
    When eventually returning to Kaspersky I will tweak it for performance according to the post of @Evjl's Rain :
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/kaspersky-free-antivirus-2019-december-2018-report.88397/page-3#post-787210
    Removed Windows Defender Browser Protection extension. So I have now only 3 extensions in Google Chrome: AdGuard, Emsisoft and LastPass.

stefanos

Level 24
    Verified
    Took a break from Kaspersky for the new year. Had already an active license for Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
    Surprised how much faster my laptop is going from Kaspersky (almost at default settings) to Emsisoft (almost at default settings).
    When eventually returning to Kaspersky I will tweak it for performance according to the post of @Evjl's Rain :
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/kaspersky-free-antivirus-2019-december-2018-report.88397/page-3#post-787210
    Removed Windows Defender Browser Protection extension. So I have now only 3 extensions in Google Chrome: AdGuard, Emsisoft and LastPass.
    Simple and powerful protection (y)