• 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVMe
  • 120GB Kingston SSD

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Same config from the last year, the only major difference is that I dropped Chrome completely in favor of Firefox.
BTW some day Chrome's Software Reporter Tool was eating 50% of my CPU without even having it open, I hated that so much I ended importing everything to my FF account and removing it completely. I kept Edge Chromium as a backup if I ever found a bad-designed website that deliberately block non-chromium users.
Hahaha lol
AVs with HTTPS scanning don't need browser extensions unless they want to know more about the user. Also more extensions = higher RAM usage.
Maybe they have xss and other scripts based detection in the extension ?

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
AVs with HTTPS scanning don't need browser extensions unless they want to know more about the user. Also more extensions = higher RAM usage.
That's not the point. I'm saying Kaspersky don't inject scripts if the extension is installed. Even many regular Kaspersky users don't know this info.
About extension and script injection, according to Kaspersky, they need either of this for features like Safe money, URL advisor, secure input, etc to work properly. Now it's upto the user to decide whether they need any of this extra features or not.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
18/05/2020
Clean 2004 install
  • No 3rd party AV for now
  • Added Emsisoft extension
  • FF as default browser
  • Went back with PatchMyPC, Chocolatey is good but sometimes is a mess and stores lots of files in its folder.
Lol consumer grade patch management products are a joke 😂.

• HaHa
Reactions: bayasdev

bayasdev

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Usability is very important so nice change.
I tried enterprise McAfee but it made my fans ramp up, on demand scans use 100% CPU and web protection currently is not compatible with latest FF.

Can't imagine how people can live without a system backup software like Macrium.

Usability is very important so nice change.
Users sometimes need to sacrifice protection level for convenience in their daily usage.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I tried enterprise McAfee but it made my fans ramp up, on demand scans use 100% CPU and web protection currently is not compatible with latest FF.

Can't imagine how people can live without a system backup software like Macrium.
It basically was one of the worst AVs to run on my old 8700p broken fan 4gb ddr2 ram PC.
Even disabling most modules still resulted in a big degrade of performance.
Can't imagine a whole company running MacAfee .
It has very nice capability unfortunately like most Enterprise products deafult settings aren't too good against zero days .
No wonder small business who doesn't have an IT person gets rekt by cyber attacks.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.