Advice Request Good CPU Cooler for Intel Core i5-6500?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
I prefer air because (1) there's no risk of leaks and (2) air - especially OEM air provides some cooling for the heat sensitive/heat generating devices surrounding the CPU socket. These devices are often overlooked when using alternative cooling solutions.

Unless doing extreme overclocking, all water does is provide bragging rights.

While providing sufficient cooling is absolutely essential, that does not mean cooler is automatically better. As long as your temps sit comfortably within the normal operating range, you are fine. That is, a CPU running at 30°C cannot be expected to perform better, be more stable, or have a longer life expectancy than a CPU running at 50°C.

Reactions: SHvFl

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
cooler master pro 4 is a fine cooler and not very expensive. One friend bought it and is very happy with it.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Hi guys I´ve build my pc like 2 months ago and Im not very happy with stock cooler (intel core i5-6500).
I´d like to know if this cooler is good "Cooler CPU Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED" (Portuguese website but I think you can understand what product it is) and in case its not good I would like to you to recommend me a good one.
Sorry my english.
What amount were you planning to spend on a CPU cooler?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.