Goodbye Windows Phone

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Some of the apps I have on my phone started to notify that in the end of this year they will stop working, and those was too important to ignore so the time I dreaded is closing up fast.

It's time to Kill my wonderful Nokia Lumia 930 ( Windows Phone ). :emoji_sob:

I know @BoraMurdar also has a Windows Phone and I hope you can keep use it a bit longer. It's been a pure pleasure and this guy sums it up pretty good.

I ofcourse checked on several brands but I tend to stay with those that I used and liked. I'm a sucker for finnish brands so Hello again Nokia ( not Nokian the rubber boots ). :D Nokia have released alot of different versions this year but Nokia 6.1 Plus also known as Nokia X6 in Asia might be the one but it hasen't been released yet to the European market. That's supposed to happen this month. It's a pretty cheap phone with no high specs but as I don't want to spend a fortune on a damn phone but still have one that works ok, I believe this wouldn't be a bad choise or at least not the worst.

Compare Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6) vs. Nokia 7 plus - GSMArena.com

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
The photos I take with my Nokia Windows phone just blows away anything taken by Apple stuff or Android clones.

And I can make calls also (I just never answer any incoming...).

Windows Phone- the choice of the True Rebel.

Last edited:
L

Local Host

I'm fine with my Lumia 950, still runs as fast and stable as day one (and for me that's what matters).
I've used Android Phones (even flagships) and they tend to get unstable and slow after a few months, needing constant maintenance.
Really not interested in any special apps, I want a phone not a computer.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I would sacrifice my S8+ in order to get an iPhone. I used to praise Windows Phone and claim it to be the most stable and secure, and now they made me look like an outdated robot :(

Our company phone refresh is going live over the next few weeks and we FINALLY convinced them to switch to Samsung Galaxy's. So they went around taking our orders for either s9 or s9+. iPhone has been a disaster for this company because of the higher failure rate, poor antennas and lackluster battery like of iPhone. I'm happy. The last wretched Apple product will be out of my life. ;-)

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
And the OS was just updated, again! :eek: But this time almost 50% of all apps was put on hold and didn't work until I went inside the app store and did a manual search.

Peter Phillie

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2018
I have heard that Windows Phone are a good ones. My friend also suggested me to switch to Windows Phone so I made some research about it. So far, I am satisfied with its features. Maybe I'll try to have one to compare its' quality and features over the popular phones available in the market nowadays.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I have heard that Windows Phone are a good ones. My friend also suggested me to switch to Windows Phone so I made some research about it. So far, I am satisfied with its features. Maybe I'll try to have one to compare its' quality and features over the popular phones available in the market nowadays.
I never been so satisfied ever and thats also why I'm sad that I'm forced stop using it. I will enjoy this few months as much as possible and it will end up eating dust.

Last edited:
Reactions: vtqhtr413

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I think that the cause is not superiority or inferiority of the function, but lag behind entering the market.
Common users who influence share are conservative. Even though the newly announced product is excellent, old products that have become familiar are hardly let go.

D

Deleted member 178

Mobile Phone's average customers are mostly ignorant, they just want their favorite crappy apps, idiot games, and a phone with kindergarten design.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Third-party Apps I run on my Lumia 640LTE without any problem

- Cardholder (make photo of business card and upload to contacts)
- FBreader
- PDFviewer
- Netflix
- Ziggo Go (my cable company subsidary of liberty global)
- 3 Dutch news websites (NOS, NU and RTL)
- WhatsApp

Microsoft Apps which stil work fine
- Telephone & Messages
- Mail & Agenda
- Edge
- Translator (with offline dictionaries)
- Maps (with offline maps)
- Office
- Wheather
- MSN news

OnApps which was aboandonned but can be accessed by browser is Linkedin

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
More or less all installed apps on my Lumia 930 also works and alot still get updates but the put on hold issue never happend after a update. That was a surprise but it's gone now anyway. I even got a few apps thats not available anymore on the phones app store. Truecaller, Waze etc. Those also works and for example Waze I use regular and Truecaller is a true champion on blocking unwanted calls. The phone works great when I make and receive calls and personal I use the cars stereo system when I drive as I never liked using only one hand and we recently got new laws in this country that don't allow people using just one hand or texting while driving. The law was ridiculed by many but the cops fine alot and people even lose their licenses so those that complained, nag or whined is today blissfully quiet.

If it wasen't for those specific country located apps that will stop working in the end of this year that I simply must have, and I would manage to get a new battery ( a damn hassle as it's a socalled non removable ) I wouldn't kill the phone but it should already been dead as I accidentally dropped it like 10 times or more over the years but because of the safety cover it survived drops that prolly should have shattered it into oblivion.

Last edited:

deltamind

Level 1
Verified
May 19, 2018
It's weird I never liked the Lumia series, I don't even understand how others are comparing their camera with Apple devices, my friends have the lumia and we click pictures but as compared to Lumia, apple devices are much more superior, again that is my opinion.

Reactions: upnorth
D

Deleted member 178

Photo quality is about the camera not thd brand, my 950XL does excellent photos. No need an overpriced IPhone

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.