[Guide] How to use CCleaner to clean Brave

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
This guide will show how use Ccleaner to clean Brave (cookies, cache, history, etc)

1) Open CCleaner
2) In the options tab, go to advanced section and check to use the .ini file.
3) Open where Ccleaner is installed and than open ccleaner.ini and add this after the [options] entry

CustomLocation1=CHROME|C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default

4) Remember to sabe the file with the same name and location!

Now the options checked to clean Chrome will clean Brave as well (simultaneously). Just remember to close Brave before cleaning, because Cclenaer won't advise you to do this.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Unfortanitely it keeps on saying this:
1580855739100.png

Edit: Never mind. I just used Notepad++ and it worked. Normal Notepad didn't want to work.

Reactions: oldschool

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
I was able to open it with my windows notepad. It's probably because you were accessing the file inside the Program Files folder (it required administrative privilegies). You could try to open it as administrador or to copy it to desktop, edit it, and then copy back to the original folder (but it would still require administrative privilegies). Anyway, i'm glad you made it work.

Reactions: Andrew999

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.