[Guide] - Windows 10 Application Guard Setup and Configuration

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
FYI

When I enable Microsoft Defender Application Guard to run Edge virtualized, I am not able to create an image backup. When I disable Application Guard I can make an image backup. Good news i that when Application Guard s enabled, I can restore an image backup up earlier and I can still backup data.

regards

Len

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
A strange experience: after I had installed the Windscribe VPN extension in Waterfox, Appguard in Edge didn't work anymore. Some required services (VfpExt, VMSP, CmService, hvsics) wouldn't start (events 7000 + 7001). I deleted the VPN-extension, restarted the system and voila, Appguard was again safe and sound. I presume that there was a conflict between the VPN extension and the Appguard virtual network adapter.

Reactions: [correlate]

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
Restarting PC fix it as temporary workaround which is official solution from Microsoft
Yeah, Application Guard is buggy. After today's update of MS Edge, Application Guard striked. I logged in again and now it works. Annoying. Especially when you bear in mind that it was meant for use in a business environment.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 85179

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.