Advice Request Guys is iolo System mechanic good or safe to use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys. I am looking for a pc cleaning software. I heard wise care, ASC, and iolo sm is not bad. I know wise care and ASC, but I don't know about iolo sm so can anyone tell me is iolo sm safe and ok to use?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@peterfat111 Where did you hear about IOLO?

Before buying commercial products, have you looked at either Freeware or FOSS, to see if they actually meet your requirements and work as intended?

Links:
CCleaner Slim build - CCleaner - Download Builds
Wise Disk Cleaner Portable version - WiseCleaner Downloads - Download Free Disk Cleaner
BleachBit with Winapp2.ini - Clean Your System and Free Disk Space | BleachBit and BleachBit Documentation : Winapp2.ini

@pablozi That's a very good question, once I answered that question for myself, I stopped using all these junk and registry cleaner software.

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
Be carefull with it,it has borked systems!

Agreed, IMHO it's probably not worth purchasing. PC cleaning software is something I avoid like the plague. Many years ago, maybe 2005, I tried it and found it not worth purchasing, and not even worth it for free. Maybe it's better now, but you can clean your PC for free with built-in Windows cleaner as mentioned by @gery79

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I don't think it's bad. However, my impression is that it is not something that you pay for and spend.

Cleaning software is similar to cleaning earwax. It may have some effect, but it doesn't make a dramatic difference.
I use it when I want to change my mood.

What I find most inconsistent is that the cleaning software itself creates things like backups and log files.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Guys, is wise care 356 free worth getting? It doesn't seems to have any "black history" like iobit and iolo.
IDK if its good? The internet says its not bad but I am not sure.
Whether this is a spice of junk or something.
(it also got some other features, like ram cleaner, and startup, and a tray, and a system boost..........

1617761004734.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: show-Zi and Nevi

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
System Mechanic is safe to use and shouldn't cause any problems, but its publisher Iolo has used questionable marketing tactics in the past, as I detail in the following post. As a result, I don't recommend buying it.
If you just want to clean junk files, Wise Disk Cleaner is free and works very well. An excellent paid option is Kerish Doctor.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
System Mechanic is safe to use and shouldn't cause any problems, but its publisher Iolo has used questionable marketing tactics in the past, as I detail in the following post. As a result, I don't recommend buying it.
If you just want to clean junk files, Wise Disk Cleaner is free and works very well. An excellent paid option is Kerish Doctor.
Ok thanks for giving me the article( iolo sounds horrible) , I think I will just use wise care:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.