Advice Request Hard reset after major update

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
Is it necessary to do a hard reset after a major update like upgrading from android 12 to android 13? I used to do this with my old samsung s7 edge but now that I've got the s22 plus and this is my first major update, I wanted to know if there are any benefits from a hard reset.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Is it necessary to do a hard reset after a major update like upgrading from android 12 to android 13? I used to do this with my old samsung s7 edge but now that I've got the s22 plus and this is my first major update, I wanted to know if there are any benefits from a hard reset.
I never done that with my own Android phone ( not a Samsung ), other then for the main purpose to test a full system backup and get that correct verified. What was the reason you previous did it?

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
I never done that with my own Android phone ( not a Samsung ), other then for the main purpose to test a full system backup and get that correct verified. What was the reason you previous did it?

I Used to do it because I heard somewhere that it would reset your battery stats and delete any old files from the previous android version that where left behind.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
No real benefits to do a reset these days unless you are selling your phone or getting it repaired. I don't think it will improve performance since Google has changed the way Android devices operate after an OS update. Factory reset doesn't really do much these days except deleting apps and personal user settings, the rest of Android doesn't really get touched these days, so resetting is pretty useless.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.