Xeno1234
Level 14
Was this detected by like a static scan or was it detected after it was ran behaviorally cause PDM is System Watcher for Kaspersky
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Was this detected by like a static scan or was it detected after it was ran behaviorally cause PDM is System Watcher for Kaspersky
Was this detected by like a static scan or was it detected after it was ran behaviorally cause PDM is System Watcher for Kaspersky
so it was detected behaviorally, cool to know Harmony has System Watcher AND its own behavioral detection which is INSANEAfter execution
Wdym Kaspersky doesnt detect it - System Watcher got it which is Kaspersky's Behavioral blocker.A trojan that SentinelOne missed in my test.
Kaspersky doesn't detect it, but blocks the malware anyway! (in PDM detection and CheckPoint detection)
View attachment 276926View attachment 276927
Kaspersky didn't have a signature for the sample probablyWdym Kaspersky doesnt detect it - System Watcher got it which is Kaspersky's Behavioral blocker.
Wdym Kaspersky doesnt detect it - System Watcher got it which is Kaspersky's Behavioral blocker.
Oh you meant signature, my bad. I thought you also ment behaviorally aswell.I know that PDM detections are Kaspersky's System Watcher
Kaspersky has no detection on the sample. I sent it.
No, it doesn't. All engines are just plug-ins to the forensics engine and this is the one that provides disinfection. For Kaspersky disinfection, I suggest you install Kaspersky and stop going off-topic on this thread. This thread is not about Kaspersy and it is not suitable for Kaspersky fanboys.Also since Checkpoint uses Kaspersky's Engine, does it utilize their disinfection technology?
Sorry - I was just wondering. I'm not sure which one I want to pick since both are great options - the only thing driving me away from checkpoint is the extension just makes thing take forever to download.No, it doesn't. All engines are just plug-ins to the forensics engine and this is the one that provides disinfection. For Kaspersky disinfection, I suggest you install Kaspersky and stop going off-topic on this thread. This thread is not about Kaspersy and it is not suitable for Kaspersky fanboys.
So the choice is clear. Go with Kaspersky.Sorry - I was just wondering. I'm not sure which one I want to pick since both are great options - the only thing driving me away from checkpoint is the extension just makes thing take forever to download.
Dude we got it, stop spamming. You flooded the thread with your useless posts. I don’t wanna see anymore posts from you here, ok?Just out of curiosity - it takes around 2-3 minutes to download a unknown file as its emulating, right? It was a bit faster earlier going for some files around 30 seconds but now its around 2-3 mintues.
No, it doesn't. All engines are just plug-ins to the forensics engine and this is the one that provides disinfection. For Kaspersky disinfection, I suggest you install Kaspersky and stop going off-topic on this thread. This thread is not about Kaspersy and it is not suitable for Kaspersky fanboys.
And they still use third-party engine under license as part of complex architecture but they are not one of these TotalAV-like products that just license an SDK and add VPN & TuneUP on top. The third party engine serves just to provide a second opinion on files. If someone is in love with Kaspersky they don’t need to post here just to let us know. It is in the forum rules as well. They are free to post on one of the 20 Kaspersky threads they’ve already created.No it isn't but until recently Checkpoint/ZoneAlarm used Kaspersky AV as its AV engine under license.
And they still use third-party engine under license as part of complex architecture but they are not one of these TotalAV-like products that just license an SDK and add VPN & TuneUP on top. The third party engine serves just to provide a second opinion on files. If someone is in love with Kaspersky they don’t need to post here just to let us know. It is in the forum rules as well. They are free to post on one of the 20 Kaspersky threads they’ve already created.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes