Have you noticed your PC is running slower than usual? norton campaign

Popolitus

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
i have no norton product installed on my pc, but i just received this kind alert :p

norton.JPG

"
This past year we have been using our PCs more than ever, whether it is working from home, meeting friends and family online, or catching up on your favourite shows. This means it is vital that your PC is not slowing you down. Let Norton™ Utilities Ultimate automatically work quietly in the background to keep your PC at peak performance.

so they notice my pc is slower..but dont notice that i have no norton product on my pc?? xD

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
They did a fix a few months ago which made it so you can actually install the product (AV) for some time as i remember the recommended fix was to install Google Chrome which was not my favourite solution - Ad's such as the above is simple scareware not really in keeping with a major security provider - Though years ago Norton Utilities was an expensive but must have set of tools.

Last edited:

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
i have no norton product installed on my pc, but i just received this kind alert :p

View attachment 262782
"
This past year we have been using our PCs more than ever, whether it is working from home, meeting friends and family online, or catching up on your favourite shows. This means it is vital that your PC is not slowing you down. Let Norton™ Utilities Ultimate automatically work quietly in the background to keep your PC at peak performance.

so they notice my pc is slower..but dont notice that i have no norton product on my pc?? xD
bruh you are busted ....or big brother is watchin ya

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.