Advice Request Heimdal for updating software

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Is anyone using Heimdal to update their software/applications?

What is their experience so far ?

Can someone schedule updates ie ask Heimdall to download but not install for a month unless it’s a security patch ?

How does it work- does it not run installers ? If so how does it work does Heimdall replace the application files and registry entries ? I’m asking this because for the ccleaner incident they were saying they didn’t run an installer

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Is anyone using Heimdall to update their software/applications?

What is their experience so far ?

Can someone schedule updates ie ask Heimdall to download but not install for a month unless it’s a security patch ?

How does it work- does it not run installers ? If so how does it work does Heimdall replace the application files and registry entries ? I’m asking this because for the ccleaner incident they were saying they didn’t run an installer
Yes I do and that specific option works flawless, at least what I noted. My experience is that Heimdal or Thor as it's called today updates very smooth and fast but I wish I could exclude the desktop icons.

The only schedule option that I know about is what seen in this screenshoot. It's very clunky or poorly created IMO as one can only click the + or - buttons or On and Off and because of that I don't know what the max setting is.
z6zxCA2m_o.png
Here's more information about how Thor updates work.
How Does Thor Patch My Vulnerable Software?

For better schedule management one have to use the Enterprise/Corporate edition.

Last edited:

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
I use Heimdal for updates, and Thor Foresight for DNS protection and Web Filtration of funky shenanigan activity on some sites.

I have zero interest in Thor Avira thingamajig.

Does heindal indeed patch without running installers ?

Also how do you find Thors vs SHP with respect to web filtering & dns protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.