Hello, what are your Interests? Do you have Dream Career, or Job Goals?

I

illumination

6 years ago, i couldnt have told you one thing about a computer, then i finally bought my first one.. I had it online for a whole two weeks, before trying to go to my ISP site to obtain their "free" antivirus suite they were offering, i without any knowledge clicked on a bad link, and found my first infection that rendered my computer useless. After calling the local shops in the area and finding they were going to charge me almost the same exact amount i paid for the tower to fix it, i decided to just get another tower. Once the new one was up, it wasnt but a few days and i was hit again, this time not so bad, so i looked up the symptoms and found ways to rid my computer of this little nasty. Out of curiosity i called a few shops with the knowledge of what was on my system and how to clear it to see what they would charge again, it was then i realized just how much a lot of these shops take advantage of people just like me. It was then i decided to commit myself to learning all i could about computer security and fighting malware, so i could then in return, help others like me in the same boat. It is what i do know. Coming to this forum and others like it, have helped me in many ways, to learn. It is vicious circle of learning with the ever changing aspects of malware and of the changing software to keep up, MalwareTips is just one of the great places to keep up with all these changes, and also gives one a chance to interact with some great people.

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Hi,

I started my IT Carrier 10 year back after my School... After my School I got my first computer with OS as Windows 98 and 2000 and start study basics of computer, mainly MS DOS in Windows 95 & 98.... Then I start teaching basics for one year.... My first computer got infected when it was one week old from a infected Data CD... It was a dektop.ini, newfolder.exe infection. This infection crash my computer... She was only one week old at that time.. :( At that point onwards I started to learn how to remove virus manually, how to fix the virus problems etc.

After 1 year teaching, I join college, Engineering in Information Technology. This one was a turning point. My Engineering study provided me lots of information about new problems in OS, Virus infections etc... During this time I started using Windows XP. After installing XP only I started learn about OS related problmes. (Not in wide) :angel:

After completing my Engineering Degree I got an opportunity to join in a Virus Removal team of a Antivirus company. I am happy that after completing my College I am able to find a Job in the same field. :cool: My Professional carrier provided me lots of information's about how to remove infections manually and using tools, how to fix the Windows problems, how to troubleshoot windows problems etc...

during this 4 year of professional life I handled around 5000 cases. In that 5000 cases I am able to resolve 94% cases... :yahoo: He he he you are thinking about the rest of the 6% right? RIP :angel: (PC Crash)

During this time I completed my
  • Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Certification in the year of 2011.
  • Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification in the year of 2011.
  • Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) in the year of 2012.
  • Now planing to do Master in Computer Application (MCA) just for horror. :D :D :D

During this time I found malwaretips.com while I searching about some infections. Thank's to Jack and other staff members of malwaretips.com for this great website and providing me an opportunity.

I am so happy that I am able to part of malwaretips.com

Irybeth

Nov 20, 2012
Hi everyone:)

I like in Southwest England and have a software engineering degree. Software has been advancing at such a rate that what I covered 7 years ago is more than obsolete. Sure the basic are the same but a lot has changed. So my interest comes from a desire to keep up with the rapid changes taking place.

Although I have a degree I worked in Quality Management but due to ill health have been unable to work for a few years now! When I first began any computer based education I knew absolutely nothing about computing, and even recall struggling to find a search engine button:huh: on my PC lol, I really had no idea! Yet 4 years later I had the degree. My teenage son wants to follow me into Software Engineering too so I really need to keep up to date.

Thanks for accepting me as a member, I will now start delving into all this wonderful information :)

Reactions: AtlBo and Logethica

miragez

Dec 5, 2012
Hi all,

13 years ago I get my own pc... windows 98 before that I was playing with windows 3.1 pacman hehehe... till what really strike me into this line I think its all thanks to sxxxxtec my first antivirus... and worst one. How can windows 98 got infected with virus... with that.... and could even crash my computer 3 times... That's where I began scouting... for antivirus... at that point I am using dialed-up modem guess what... I shoot the bill to 120.00 SGD !!! for 56k modem.... hehehe terrible I would say.... coz I download all the antivirus in the world web web and test them out...

EWIDO / AVAST / QUICKHEAL / CA / Norton / Mcafee / PC-Cillin ( Trend Micro now) / Panda ( at that year their antivirus was really the fastest on-demand and on access scanner ) / Sophos / F-Secure / F-prot / Nod32 ( legendary 2.7x best of class at that year) / Kaspersky /AVG

Zone Alarm Beta Tester for 2 years 2002-2004 before I left due to Marcus wasn't listening to beta tester review.... their engine is like monster eating cpu and resources...

Jetico Personal Firewall v1.0 legendary my best tool last time... I love it till the max since it was like the pinnacle of firewall can do. Plus using as little as 4mb max it shoot probably around 7mb what is there to complain... compare to ZA 25mb... sometimes shoot 45mb....

Woot love security I currently furthering my studies within IT niche area within security... I not sure how I evolve into this now of me as compared from 13 years ago... its a long time till now I have to thank Symantec for they inspired me to look out for better antivirus which in term lead me to security and then into malware removal industry and then into encryption.... My Favourite encryption AES 256 bit and Blowfish 448bits

Well thanks for reading... my short little summary of my IT life... but then if you are not that IT savvy do not give up keep trying and keep looking IT is a very interesting topic... it may be dry at certain point but once you get that concept it will be alot smoother to touch on again.

ramondavis

Dec 19, 2012
Hell every one.Myself is Davis form New York. Its gonna to be a very nice and positive idea sharing with you people.I want brainstorming on some immigration issue and I am sure that this forum will meet my demand.Thanks and keep in contact with me guys.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Is funny how easy it is to stay clean once we learn the basics about internet security. For the first 12 years that I used a computer, getting infected was like a cycle for me. Once or twice a year something will get through my AV and always wondered why it happened since I had an antivirus running.

The cycle came to an end 4 years ago when I got infected by a rootkit and somehow I made it getting rid of it a game. It took me two weeks to finally get rid of it. I never got mad and even though the thing kept coming back, it was fun figuring out what to do next.

When it was over, I had read so much stuff about security that I just kept going as I realized that there are avaiable programs and technologies that are better designed for prevention than antiviruses. Thats how I got interested in security and how I got to Sandboxie.

Now, I dont use scanners anymore and dont get infected. It really is easy to prevent getting infected with just a little bit of knodledge.

My work has nothing to do with computers. I have been involved in sales since 1979. I have a store and the best knodledge that I have learned from what I do and I can pass to you here is, never take no for an answer.:)...I never do, never give up. In anything that I get involved with, it is over when I win or get what I want

Bo

Eleazar

Dec 20, 2012
I worked as administrator and IT professional for my organization on a military base for about 8 yr. I was also administrator for several info. systems that most of the mil. base used and some that only my organ. used. I was so lucky to have a great guy to start me out and he backed me all the way. I had abt. 100 computers I was responsible for keeping updated, plus the printers, scanners, etc. Plus, they were all on different floors of the bldg. It was challenging, but the great people at the DOIM taught me SO much, and I developed a close friendship with several of them. Sometimes I'd have a partner, sometimes I'd go 6 mo. or more before they'd hire a replacement. LOL! But I learned a terrific amount doing that job and when I took the Security Plus test, I made the highest score on the base, missing only 5. Retired, but miss the challenge of having to know some of SO MANY different skills, ha!

Dr Anurag

Dec 21, 2012
Earth said:
Personal Note:
It's completely optional whether you feel like participating in this topic.
-Earth

. Why are you interested in IT/Technology/Malware/Software?

I am fascinated by computers as every one is. The possibilities are endless

. What's your career job? If related to IT or any of the above, how did you get started?

No , I am a surgeon by profession

. If a student, do you plan to work in the above-related fields in the future?

Just getting some insight about the IT Field from any who are part of it. :)

Syntax4Sinners

Jan 7, 2013
Hello MalwareTips and it's users, here's me ..
IT not a career as such for me, but it keeps the 'wolf from the door'. Started learning from an Admin and experienced coder many moons ago as I was interest and knew nothing . As I did my day job | career ,which is totally the reverse of IT , I worked repairing PCs in the evenings to get extra cash and experience . I also grabbed some certs along the way and did some temping in the holidays installing EPOS systems.
These days I get all the locals PCs in the door when there's hardware, software, user abuse or viruses effecting their PC.
Local Business too but usually ones that are in the same situation as myself and can't afford to pay out huge $ .Get lots of bartering - I never have to pay the mechanic other than parts, free cakes and bread at the bakery, huge discounts at the DIY yard etc etc :) I'll never be rich but I will never have a day ,I don't enjoy either.

Many local IT companies seem to have the motto .. "give a man a fish ,he eats for a day, give a man a fishing rod and there goes your monopoly on selling fresh fish " ;) . I couldn't work for these people I would put them out of business .I try educate clients, however many just want it fixed yesterday (normally returning clients lol) ,however I always give them choices.

kahnc

Jan 16, 2013
I am retired and occasionally help others with computer issues. My previous career was with NCR Corp. I worked mostly in the computer hardware service industry, starting with large main-frames. I have worked on systems running both Windows and UNIX. In my work, besides repairing the hardware, I wrote scripts for testing the hardware for malfunctions (both in UNIX and Windows). During the 90's as the hardware migrated to PC servers, we had to migrate with it. I worked as a consulting engineer and a liaison to both Gateway and Dell in the PC server arena. I like to stay informed on today's changes.

mohitpatel09

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Hello!

I am new. My name is Mohit and I am a Student of Aptech computer edu. I am studying Bachelor of Computer Applications (B.C.A)
I like malwaretips.com and I am busy in exams these days.

I am very good at designing web sites and i also like C programming.

MidniteQue

Verified
Feb 4, 2013
Earth said:
Personal Note:
-Earth

[size=medium]
.Why are you interested in IT/Technology/Malware/Software?
Hi I'm MidniteQue

I'm artist (retired from teaching part) and have developed an intense interest in malware, how to find it and get rid of it. I spent a lot of very foolish years on my personal computers, expecting an antivirus program to take care of everything while I browsed the Internet and downloaded what ever. I ended up with losing my hard drive every couple of years or less. So I just bought another one. The one I have now is a notebook 6 months old. It started having problems and refused to install a new anti-virus program. Financially I cannot lose this machine.
That is what started me on this path. Still working on my possibly still infected machine and find it fascinating to read logs and try to identify what is wrong.

John Elwood

Feb 24, 2013
Hello! :D

Thanks for having me here. I had once a virus in my computer called "polizei Viren" and dont know what to do. Thanks to Malware Tips for the tips how to remove the virus.

Im interested in malware and technology. Im a cook, and I dont know to much about computer viruses. I start searching to get some help till I found MalwareTips. I like to learn more about IT and programming how the computer realy works.

Thanks!

Khylaria

Jul 25, 2013

Growing up, my father was always busy working on various things (cars, motorcycles, televisions, and - when they became more widely available in the 80's - computers). I guess I got my mechanical inclinations from him. After getting out of the military (I was a helicopter mechanic, like my dad in his military days) I decided to pursue a new career. Right now, I'm in college with less than a year until I receive an Associate's degree in CIS - Programming.

. What's your career job? If related to IT or any of the above, how did you get started?

I'ma just point up to the last answer and say "college student" is my career at the moment.

I plan to, yes, but I'm not sure if I'll try breaking into the field before or after going into the Bachelorate program for my current field.

Reactions: Logethica

Desiree

Jul 12, 2012
Personal Note:
-Earth

My name is Daisy. I have great interest in writing about cool stuff about latest computer software. Now, I work as an editor for Amigabit: amigabit.com, which specializes in developing superior PC maintenance software and Data Recovery app. Besides, I also like to share latest multimedia entertainment apps for PC. To take about computer, it is a exciting and fashion

Paddy Doyle

Jan 15, 2014
Personal Note:
-Earth

Reply:
I have owned computers for many years now. I am now retired. My career job was Telecom Engineer. I started with Strowger electro-mechanical technology and proceeded to stored program control and further into IT. I worked for a radio/TV broadcasting company and on various telecommunication projects in the Middle East in the oil industry, shipping and airports. I retired in 2010.

I have a Malware problem on my computer. I am trying to get rid of Ask.com from my computer. I have tried the standard remedies without success. I intend to try to get help from the Forum.

Paddy

Nox361

Verified
Oct 16, 2013
I got into computers back around 1989 when i was given my first Mac (a Plus with 1 meg of RAM and an OS that fit on a floppy with room to spare). A few years later I came to work for an internet provider (he was a massive Unix/Linux guy) who had no one who could work on Macs. He was just starting up and couldn't afford to pay me so I worked in trade for online time, 2 hours online for every hour worked. Not a bad deal! I was able to teach myself most of what i needed to be able to install and configure the software. Life has a way of changing though, and I drifted away from IT. About a year ago I was given an old PC. I figured that if it was what I was going to have available that I should probably learn more about it. As a result, 25 years after first sitting in front of a computer, I am going to begin classes this week to help me get my A+ Certification.

BTW, for any old time Mac fans who may be out there, remember how you could tell the Microsoft spies at the MacWorld Conventions? They were the ones with the paste-on ponytails. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.