Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I tried Linux Mint (Cinnamon) a few days back, and although, it was quite easy to use, the inability to find or use a VPN and my favorite IDM, I had to come back to Windows. The available VLC version was quite outdated. I personally use PotPlayer.

Looks wise, Ubuntu looks much better than Mint.
You can install the very latest VLC via FlatPack or via the .Deb installer on the VLC website. I'm currently testing out the latest Beta of Ubuntu Budgie and it looks like a keeper, it runs quick and looks wise it's very appealing. I'm thinking of going with Solus OS though where the Budgie desktop came from. Solus is very smooth, quick and always up to date. It's definitely Bye Bye to Windows for me soon. I personally won't be updating to the Spring update. For me, personally there's more pro's to dropping Windows than con's. I'm also checking the latest Open BSD, so it looks like a dual-Boot with Solus and Open BSD.

Last edited:

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
To stay up to date with your app's on Ubuntu or an Ubuntu based distro's just use either Snap packages or FlatPak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.