Help me choose a Linux OS to replace Windows 10

  • Thread starter Thread starter antreas
  • Start date Start date
ChromeOS & Linux
65 Replies 21,895 Views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried Linux Mint (Cinnamon) a few days back, and although, it was quite easy to use, the inability to find or use a VPN and my favorite IDM, I had to come back to Windows. The available VLC version was quite outdated. I personally use PotPlayer.

Looks wise, Ubuntu looks much better than Mint.
You can install the very latest VLC via FlatPack or via the .Deb installer on the VLC website. I'm currently testing out the latest Beta of Ubuntu Budgie and it looks like a keeper, it runs quick and looks wise it's very appealing. I'm thinking of going with Solus OS though where the Budgie desktop came from. Solus is very smooth, quick and always up to date. It's definitely Bye Bye to Windows for me soon. I personally won't be updating to the Spring update. For me, personally there's more pro's to dropping Windows than con's. I'm also checking the latest Open BSD, so it looks like a dual-Boot with Solus and Open BSD.
 
Last edited:
To stay up to date with your app's on Ubuntu or an Ubuntu based distro's just use either Snap packages or FlatPak.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top