HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Update and changelog!

HiBit Uninstaller 2.5.70 (2020-12-05)

Improved leftovers search algorithm.
Improved "Process Manager" performance and added more features.
Minor bugs fixes.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Revo has a feature that I really like. If I'm uninstalling a program which asks for a system restart for complete removal and I press "Yes" without closing Revo first then after restart when I open Revo again it automatically restores the earlier session and let me scan for leftovers. I find this really helpful. Does HiBit have this feature?

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Revo has a feature that I really like. If I'm uninstalling a program which asks for a system restart for complete removal and I press "Yes" without closing Revo first then after restart when I open Revo again it automatically restores the earlier session and let me scan for leftovers. I find this really helpful. Does HiBit have this feature?
It does. It was implemented a short time ago.

HiBit Uninstaller 2.5.15 (2020-09-03)

After rebooting the system, the program will run automatically to continue uninstalling.
Russian language is updated.
Reported bugs fixed.

don_dolarson

Dec 15, 2020
Hello, I'm pretty new here, just registered. Thanks for this thread. I'll give the HiBit Uninstaller a shot and see how it performs.
I was using Iobit and Revo back in time (2018-2019), both paid/pro versions, but all I can say is that I wasn't impressed by any of them. Sure, they both did some job, but away from a good job in my opinion, especially with that in mind - they both cost money and need to pay for the license every year. I'm a demanding user and switched to manually clean for leftovers with RegScanner for registry and Everything for finding any folder/files on the C: partition where I've all my programs installed. I've been fine with that and never got into a single problem with stability since I know what to delete and whatnot, so let's see if HiBit can impress on me.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I used Revo Pro for some tome & because of info on here decided to try HiBit not expecting it to be (anything like) as good as Revo - In my opinion it's not just as good but better than Revo, or any other uninstaller great program !

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I have been using Revo Uninstaller Pro for a long time and I am very happy with it.
But Hibit Uninstaller in my opinion is better I have installed it and I am pleasantly surprised its work is fast, leaves no residue, scans after uninstallation and is free.
one request that it was also in Polish, it would be great.
a very good applet, keep it up and it will be great.(y)

don_dolarson

Dec 15, 2020
I've been testing this software a bit now. I've installed and uninstalled (monitored/snapshot) 3 programs which are:
  • Thunderbird x86
  • System Restore Explorer
  • Gmail Notifier Pro
Most are gone, both files and folders from the hard drive as well as the registry. Some single .exe in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\AppIconCache\100 and .log file in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\CLR_v2.0_32\UsageLogs for Gmail Notifier Pro has been left, as well as BagMRU, ComDlg32, NavyPanel and all these registry entries corresponding to explorer.exe folder view. I believe those will remain there until I reset folder view which never gonna happen. No big deal, however. Such entries will be there even by simply editing a folder name for example, or whatever with folders and names. All my explorer settings exported are 40MB...

Thunderbird is something I'm testing to replace a couple of my Chrome add ons, so when I'm done, I'll back up the data folder, uninstall it, and see.

Coming to the System Restore Explorer, it's the same situation as for Gmail Notifier Pro. Same folders, same files, different names only. Registry mostly clean, only some binary entry left here and there, except BagMRU and so on.

I'm satisfied so far, though I haven't been tested this software yet too much.

Also, I've decided to uninstall the junk software called Corsair iCue. This garbage has been installed a couple of weeks ago so no monitored installation has been done, however, much junk is still left. I've used the forced uninstallation (for all programs). 2 services (1 driver) are still running, 1 .exe of this service is running too, and a lot of garbage on the hard drive and in the registry, though much more has been removed, even from System32 folder. Many of the other services and processes running are gone, but these below are still there and running after a restart.

CorsairGamingAudioConfig / service
CorsairGamingAudioService / driver
CorsairGamingAudioCfgService64.exe, 1,6 MB, Corsair Gaming Headset Drivers, 05:32:00 2020-12-18 C:\Windows\System32

Maybe things looked better if it was installed as a monitored program with a snapshot. It's not that bad I guess. The registry is like +150 entries.
Corsair.jpg

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I tried the latest version of Hibit Uninstaller and it seems to run good. I also ran one of its tools, the Junk Files Cleaner and I get weird results: if I click on Scan then on Clean, then do it again and again, I always get the same result: it's like nothing is really cleaned. I tried with 2 other cleaners, Privacy Eraser and Kerish Doctor, and they do the job correctly. On the second round, there is nothing left to be cleaned.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I tried the latest version of Hibit Uninstaller and it seems to run good. I also ran one of its tools, the Junk Files Cleaner and I get weird results: if I click on Scan then on Clean, then do it again and again, I always get the same result: it's like nothing is really cleaned.

View attachment 251626

I just tried that myself and i did not get that result, exactly, but on 3 items out of 8-10 i got it. So you may be on to something.

Reactions: Protomartyr

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I tried the latest version of Hibit Uninstaller and it seems to run good. I also ran one of its tools, the Junk Files Cleaner and I get weird results: if I click on Scan then on Clean, then do it again and again, I always get the same result: it's like nothing is really cleaned. I tried with 2 other cleaners, Privacy Eraser and Kerish Doctor, and they do the job correctly. On the second round, there is nothing left to be cleaned.
It works fine for me. If you send a message to @HiBitSoftware he will be able to fix your issue.

HiBit 2.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.