HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I disabled my antivirus (F-Secures Safe) to check if its protected folders lock could cause issues to the Junk Files Cleaner: from 138 mb not deleted I went to 15 mb not deleted. It looks like my antivirus is part of the problem on my PC.
F-Secure has caused many issues on my devices. For example it blocked my IceDrive and it prevented iTunes from restoring my iPhone.

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
I tried the latest version of Hibit Uninstaller and it seems to run good. I also ran one of its tools, the Junk Files Cleaner and I get weird results: if I click on Scan then on Clean, then do it again and again, I always get the same result: it's like nothing is really cleaned. I tried with 2 other cleaners, Privacy Eraser and Kerish Doctor, and they do the job correctly. On the second round, there is nothing left to be cleaned.
After clearing, if you look at the status bar, you will see that some files are not deleted and when you scan again, those files will be displayed again. These files can be deleted by force, but I prefer not to do this so as not to cause problems for other programs.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I haven't tried this software so far, anyone would like to tell me what are the difference in features compared to Revo Uninstaller ?
For comparison table:

For full review: Gizmo's Freeware - Best Free Program Uninstaller

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.