HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

don_dolarson

Dec 15, 2020
It's incredible how a "hobby" project is better than those created by well-known corporates costing money for a yearly subscription. HiBit creator should consider to create a bank account somewhere in the world, connect PayPal to it, and at least get some donations for his work. Maybe somewhere in Europe is an option, ummm, Germany/Switzerland/Austria/Lichtenstein? However, make some noise about this product and let more people hear about it.

Shame on those "well-known" corporates.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
It's incredible how a "hobby" project is better than those created by well-known corporates costing money for a yearly subscription. HiBit creator should consider to create a bank account somewhere in the world, connect PayPal to it, and at least get some donations for his work. Maybe somewhere in Europe is an option, ummm, Germany/Switzerland/Austria/Lichtenstein? However, make some noise about this product and let more people hear about it.

Shame on those "well-known" corporates.
I agree! I have been and continue to make noise about it and Hibit Startup Monitor also! (I am the one that introduced his products here!) ;) I try to recommend his software to others on MajorGeeks and other sites also.

don_dolarson

Dec 15, 2020
That's right. StartUp Monitor is another wonderful piece of software with a simple but nice look. I'm a power/advanced user and normally used Autoruns + Process Hacker task manager couple for managing my PCs, but now I run an additional one from HiBit. A complete trio. Couldn't be happier.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Programmer makes Uninstaller as a hobby. Creates software better than commercial solutions in the market for years. Just amazing!
What most people don't understand is that, there are many great freeware alternatives for paid programs that are as good or sometimes even better than commercial ones. These freeware authors mostly do it for their hobby and for the community. For the common home user out there, they will suffice most of the time. But then the general folk paranoid about security, think that "freeware" means you are either selling your data to get it for free, or it is spyware and I can't help but feel sorry for them.

Do check this thread out for some great freeware programs for your PC: Best Free Softwares for New PC

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
Really happy with this software, and the extra features it includes actually work well and are not bloated. Used to use Total Uninstall since way back, but it is expensive for how often I use it. TU does have a cool feature that can export copies of monitored installs to be used to deploy on a fresh OS install, but I haven't tried it yet and I'm not sure why I would prefer that over just re-installing the software.

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
Due to international sanctions in my country, I can not use financial services such as paypal.
Thanks for your hard work on this very nice software, I really appreciate it, and you have done a really nice job so far.

What if someone were willing to make the payment for you? Roughly how much would the cost be? Maybe myself or another user might be happy to do so as a donation towards your cause.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
What saddens me is that many people would just stop using Hibit if the author started to ask for payment as if he has an obligation to work for free. I repeat what I said before. I'll gladly pay for it if/when it becomes a paid product.

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
What saddens me is that many people would just stop using Hibit if the author started to ask for payment as if he has an obligation to work for free. I repeat what I said before. I'll gladly pay for it if/when it becomes a paid product.
I totally agree, but I think with certain software, the sales do better when the asking price reflects the category of software.

I really enjoyed Total Uninstall back in the day, but the only feature it offers that this (and some others) don't, is the ability to monitor and export full installations to other windows installs, so paying as much as they are asking for the lighter versions doesn't make sense.

Another issue is licensing, something like an uninstaller is better suited as a life-time license, but only provided updates/support for a year, then extra charge for updates/support for another year, etc.

Also, I am only personally willing to pay for software that is actively developed. Even if the software does not require new features, it is nice to see the developer being active (such as in forums like these).

There are a lot of developers out there, that charge for products (such as Glasswire for example) with the suggestive promise that development will be active and reasonable feature requests will be implemented, only to totally ignore the majority of good feature requests. Niche software deserves niche development.

Just my personal thoughts on the matter.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hi

I am trying to install a software with HiBit that needs restart, but i cant get it to work. HiBit do not monitor its restart and all seems, afterwards to be installed as usual.

How is it done, guidance please.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hi

I am trying to install a software with HiBit that needs restart, but i cant get it to work. HiBit do not monitor its restart and all seems, afterwards to be installed as usual.

How is it done, guidance please.

According to the answer from HiBit support above feature is not supported right now but, it will come in the future. It is on the to-do list of his.

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
According to the answer from HiBit support above feature is not supported right now but, it will come in the future. It is on the to-do list of his.
It (the monitor over restart feature) should only be used when installing massive programs that require reboot between installation processes (rare). Security software for example that says to reboot before running the software can be monitored without a reboot. The files are there, just not running until windows restarts and runs the drivers/etc.

Last edited:

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
@HiBitSoftware could you possibly add a scheduler for junk and registry cleaner to set to specified time/date/at login etc. ?
Will be added in the next version.

@HiBitSoftware can you check why McAfee and SecuraAgeApex are identifying your app as malicious? The problem only happens with the instalable version
These are just false positives.
I'm tired of reporting false positives.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
@HiBitSoftware can you check why McAfee and SecuraAgeApex are identifying your app as malicious? The problem only happens with the instalable version

Check here VirusTotal

You can also report it!

2 out of 71, and the most respected ones do not do it, personaly i would not be worried. But, you can report things like that yourself to their forums etc.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.