HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Hibit uninstaller is not the best it's ok still have nuff progress to be made,most followers here just run with something once certain people big up the product and don't investigate stuff on there own, right now as i speak ask of any person the has wise cleaner and wise vector to try this,uninstall wise cleaner and notice it will uninstall some of wise vector and it goes for any product with similar names, so plz do your own research before crowning this product.

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
Hibit uninstaller is not the best it's ok still have nuff progress to be made,most followers here just run with something once certain people big up the product and don't investigate stuff on there own, right now as i speak ask of any person the has wise cleaner and wise vector to try this,uninstall wise cleaner and notice it will uninstall some of wise vector and it goes for any product with similar names, so plz do your own research before crowning this product.
No software is complete. I will try to solve the problems, of course with your help, and this problem will be solved in the next version.
Thanks for the feedback

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
No software is complete. I will try to solve the problems, of course with your help, and this problem will be solved in the next version.
Thanks for the feedback

I actually said something similar a few pages back. Tried to uninstall the browser Vivaldi and it marked some of my Vivaldi mp3 files for deletion. As with any software of this kind you should check what it is deleting. Still better than any commercial software I have tried.

Last edited:

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I actually said something similar a few pages back. Tried to uninstall the browser Vivaldi and it marked some of my Vivaldi mp3 files for deletion. AS with any software of this kind yu should check what it is deleting. Still better than any commercial software I have tried.
Amen to that, still better than any commercial software! And always if you do leftover scan (as I do) always look before you click ok to remove!

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
It pretty much is the best and it HAS been tested. @jackuars did a full test against other software just recently.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Like @HiBitSoftware mentioned, no software is complete, but when something freeware does over and above your expectations, and gives other commercial software a run for their money, that's when you take notice. HiBit rightfully deserves the attention that it's receiving.

As for the review, HiBit certainly is at the top of the pack among free softwares for now, and should be as good or probably better than other shareware alternatives barring any surprises. My Full review is available here - Gizmo's Freeware - Best Free Uninstaller Software

MT Thread: Battle - Uninstaller clean-up comparison (Free Edition)

HiBit has improved since the comparison, and it keeps delivering. For a free software, this is the Gold standard.

Last edited:

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Hello @HiBitSoftware ! First of all, ty for your excellent software!

I'd like to ask you some questions and also make a sugestion.

1) When using "Installation Monitoring": what happens if something else updates during the process. For example, let's say I'm monitoring the installation of Ccleaner, but during the installation process, my Antivirus automatically updates? Or windows updates itself?

2)When using "Installation Monitoring": what happens if you need to restart the system to finish the installation process? Should i stop the monitoring before restart?

3)When using "Installation Monitoring": what happens if you don't open and close the installed program before stop the monitor?

Suggestion:

It would to be nice to have a "back" option after you scanned the uninstalled app. For example, i tried to compare the advanced and non advanced search, but after completing 1 search, i can't change my search configs. The only option i have is to clean whatever it found or close the program.
Another idea would be to add a tab with uninstalled programs which didn't have cleaned the junk files for any reason. So, i could do it later if i want.

Ty!!

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
1) When using "Installation Monitoring": what happens if something else updates during the process. For example, let's say I'm monitoring the installation of Ccleaner, but during the installation process, my Antivirus automatically updates? Or windows updates itself?
I suggest you update Windows manually.
In the case of antivirus, I added popular antivirus to the ignore list, and you can add a folder or registry key using the "ignore list" option.

2)When using "Installation Monitoring": what happens if you need to restart the system to finish the installation process? Should i stop the monitoring before restart?
Yes, stop monitoring. Unfortunately, it is not possible to continue monitoring after restart.

3)When using "Installation Monitoring": what happens if you don't open and close the installed program before stop the monitor?
I suggest you do this because some programs create their own keys and files after they run.

It would to be nice to have a "back" option after you scanned the uninstalled app. For example, i tried to compare the advanced and non advanced search, but after completing 1 search, i can't change my search configs. The only option i have is to clean whatever it found or close the program.
Unfortunately this is not possible due to the structure of the program but by re-running the program (without closing the current window) the search leafovers window will be displayed for you and you can scan again.

Another idea would be to add a tab with uninstalled programs which didn't have cleaned the junk files for any reason. So, i could do it later if i want.
will be considered.

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
I suggest you update Windows manually.
In the case of antivirus, I added popular antivirus to the ignore list, and you can add a folder or registry key using the "ignore list" option.

Yes, stop monitoring. Unfortunately, it is not possible to continue monitoring after restart.

I suggest you do this because some programs create their own keys and files after they run.

Unfortunately this is not possible due to the structure of the program but by re-running the program (without closing the current window) the search leafovers window will be displayed for you and you can scan again.

will be considered.
Tyvm!

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
HiBit Uninstaller 2.5.90 (2021-01-07)

Changelog:
  • Added the ability to remove Cent Browser cache in the Junk Files Cleaner tool.
  • Added the ability to schedule cleaning tools in the Scheduler Task Manager tool.
  • Improved leftovers search algorithm.
  • Minor bugs fixes.
After the update I went to Scheduler Task Manager tool and I am not seeing the ability to schedule the cleaning tools for Hibit uninstaller to clean the junk/registry files IE: to automatically clean daily/weekly/etc.

Like this example:

schedule.jpg

Last edited:

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
And always if you do leftover scan (as I do) always look before you click ok to remove!
+1 Even with the heralded Revo, I always exam the "leftovers" before committing. There is no perfect uninstaller... false negatives and positives will always exist. In my experience HiBit exceeds Revo in accuracy (and I have 3 Revo licenses).

Last edited:

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
After the update I went to Scheduler Task Manager tool and I am not seeing the ability to schedule the cleaning tools for Hibit uninstaller to clean the junk/registry files IE: to automatically clean daily/weekly/etc.
Click the Create button in Scheduler Task Manager. In the window that opens, select and schedule the desired tool using the Browse Button menu.

TaskS.jpg

The tool automatically starts scanning and clearing and closes after 10 seconds.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Click the Create button in Scheduler Task Manager. In the window that opens, select and schedule the desired tool using the Browse Button menu.

View attachment 252673

The tool automatically starts scanning and clearing and closes after 10 seconds.
Thank you much I was confused, thought this was just for creating normal windows schedule tasks (which I like over the buggy windows versinon btw!) and didn't see the drop down arrow by the browse button.

*Update* I tested it and set it a few mins. ahead and it ran fine but alerted me to close my browser to clean the cache which I did but then it gave an exception error can't open tab? Then it auto closed. Let me see if I can reproduce and show the error, it went so fast so I can't tell you the whole error or take a screenshot.

Last edited:

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
@HiBitSoftware Well something strange is going on. Now my drop button is gone after making a schedule for junk cleaning and letting it run. I got the error mentioned above and now the arrow to make a choice to make a Hibit schedule is missing. I only get a browse button?

Clipboard01.jpg

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
*Update* I tested it and set it a few mins. ahead and it ran fine but alerted me to close my browser to clean the cache which I did but then it gave an exception error can't open tab? Then it auto closed. Let me see if I can reproduce and show the error, it went so fast so I can't tell you the whole error or take a screenshot.
problem solved.

@HiBitSoftware Well something strange is going on. Now my drop button is gone after making a schedule for junk cleaning and letting it run. I got the error mentioned above and now the arrow to make a choice to make a Hibit schedule is missing. I only get a browse button?
It's strange for me too.
You can also right-click on the browse button to display the menu.

HiBit Uninstaller 2.5.90.200
http://hibitsoft.ir/HiBitUninstaller/HiBitUninstaller-setup-2.5.90.exe
http://hibitsoft.ir/HiBitUninstaller/HiBitUninstaller-Portable-2.5.90.zip

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hi

Anyone else running HiBit uninstaller and Qihoo 360 that have problems with updates of 360?
I just ran an update of Qihoo, monitored with HiBit, and after completed installation HiBit said; no installation detected even though it had been done. Odd. Tried several times to really get a confirm and, yes, no installation detected.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.