HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Hello @HiBitSoftware! Can you give us an option to batch hide items from the list? Like, I have all these VCRedist installed, which is cluttering the Hibit installed apps list. If I want to hide them, I have to do it one by one which takes some time. So the ability to batch hide all the unnecessary ones would be a good feature.
hb.png

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hello @HiBitSoftware! Can you give us an option to batch hide items from the list? Like, I have all these VCRedist installed, which is cluttering the Hibit installed apps list. If I want to hide them, I have to do it one by one which takes some time. So the ability to batch hide all the unnecessary ones would be a good feature.
View attachment 261145
Yeah.

And batch choose when it comes to uninstall store apps. Now one has to choose them one by one. So a - select all or none would be handy. At least.

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
Yeah.

And batch choose when it comes to uninstall store apps. Now one has to choose them one by one. So a - select all or none would be handy. At least.
Will be added in the next version.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
New version 2.7.10 (2021-11-29)

Changelog:
HiBit Uninstaller 2.7.10 (2021-11-29)

Added Arabic language.
Added reporting tool.
Added support for UWP apps in Startup Manager.
Added the ability to save app settings and data next to the program executable file in the portable version.
Added reset settings button in About window.
Added the ability to change the font size of lists by pressing ctrl and Scroll wheel.
Added the ability to select programs by pressing ctrl and clicking them.
Added keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl + U, Ctrl + F, Ctrl + T and so on.
Show apps icon in Windows Store Apps Manager.
Fixed an issue with displaying app names in Windows Store Apps Manager.
Improved leftovers search algorithm.
Improved detect program's install date.
Improved GUI and fixed all known bugs.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Thanks man. I will install the standard version. Is that ok, or its better to install the portable version on my PC?

Reactions: Kongo

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
It has a whole bunch of tools and functions in addition to the uninstaller and remnant scanner. It can remove junk files (CCleaner still finds 10-15 MB more on here but anyway), force uninstall, installation monitoring for better remnant removal, context menu manager, etc.

It can do much more than just uninstall programs, though that's what I use it for.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It has a whole bunch of tools and functions in addition to the uninstaller and remnant scanner. It can remove junk files (CCleaner still finds 10-15 MB more on here but anyway), force uninstall, installation monitoring for better remnant removal, context menu manager, etc.

It can do much more than just uninstall programs, though that's what I use it for.
This is software that you will notice its versatility after opening the menu. Until recently, I thought it was just an uninstall software.:)🗑️

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Hello @HiBitSoftware! Love the new release. With user's consent the portable version is now 100% portable, so my settings will survive even after a Windows reinstallation. Thanks for this (y)
Can you add an ignore list even for the "Common Cleaner" section of "Junk File Cleaner"?
Weirdly, the game Forza Horizon 5 creates its optimization data in a folder in the Temp directory. The size of the files in that particular folder is about 1 GB. If the files are deleted then the game starts optimizing again when launched creating this 1 GB data again which takes about 5-7 minutes. So I can't afford to delete those files.
HiBit currently don't seem to have an option to put anything of the common cleaner section to an ignore list. The possibility of selecting/delecting items using CTRL or Shift key is also not possible. So, it would be nice if you can add this feature.

Edit: You may even add something like CCleaner has. A global Exclude list to make things simple.
1.png

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
@HiBitSoftware Found a bug. After uninstalling, if the uninstalled app asks for a system restart and I restart the system before letting HiBit do Advanced Cleanup (which everyone should do in such case) then HiBit automatically launches after restart to continue with Advanced Scan.
But with this latest update the HiBit that launches after a system restart is the default one in default settings in white theme without promting for Advanced Scan. z.png
If I close that and manually launch HiBit then it loads with my settings and the Advanced Scan windows comes up like it used to do before this update.
I'm using HiBit portable.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.