New Update HiBit Uninstaller

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
But it's important to note that with any uninstaller like this, you should never let them delete anything without first manually reviewing what they want to delete.
Soft Organizer has a very gentle removal algorithm and a decent set of exceptions where the program never goes, although of course I can't guarantee anyone that it's 200% safe, but there's very little chance of damaging the OS. Although this is a russian software, it may be important to someone now.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
When I was cleaning a friend's computer with advanced scanning, I removed a lot of junk software, then after rebooting Windows could not start. As I understand it, HiBit Uninstaller doesn't have smart enough protection against damaging system files in the process, so you need to read what it is removing - it's no longer a case when you can advise software to anyone. I also read about a similar story on another forum, now I've seen it in person.
Has not happened to me yet, if it ever does it will be forever banished from my computer.

• Wow
Reactions: franz

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
When I was cleaning a friend's computer with advanced scanning, I removed a lot of junk software, then after rebooting Windows could not start. As I understand it, HiBit Uninstaller doesn't have smart enough protection against damaging system files in the process, so you need to read what it is removing - it's no longer a case when you can advise software to anyone. I also read about a similar story on another forum, now I've seen it in person.

My reaction when reading this is, it probably was due to uninstalling monitored programs that was monitored while doing other things on Windows. Then that can happen.

Besides this, as mentioned, one shall always look through the uninstall list since NO uninstall program is flawless. It you don`t, you take a risk.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Soft Organizer has a very gentle removal algorithm and a decent set of exceptions where the program never goes, although of course I can't guarantee anyone that it's 200% safe, but there's very little chance of damaging the OS. Although this is a russian software, it may be important to someone now.

That is probably why it is bad at removing program files, compared to others. One might as well use Windows own and then a cleaning soft.

Besides, it is Putin soft (n)

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
HiBit has been hosted on my laptop for a long time .
Jeszce never let me down in terms of cleaning after removing a particular application.
I try to always monitor the installed new programs.
In my opinion, I find the program very good as it is used with reason.

For me, this is a really good free application removal program.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
I don't see anyone sharing the information but a new version has been released:

HiBit Uninstaller Changelog
-------------------------------------

HiBit Uninstaller 3.1.10 (2023-03-24)

Added "Show Details" option in Backups Manager.
Added ability to delete old backups automatically.
Improved "Junk Files Cleaner" performance.
Improved leftovers search algorithm.
GUI improvements and bug fixes.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I don't see anyone sharing the information but a new version has been released:
@M4RT1NE2 Well, just look more careful on previous thread page:
HiBit Uninstaller 3.1.10 (2023-03-24)

Added "Show Details" option in Backups Manager.
Added ability to delete old backups automatically.
Improved "Junk Files Cleaner" performance.
GUI improvements and bug fixes.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
HiBit Uninstaller v. 3.1.20
Get it via the UI automatic update feature.

HiBit Uninstaller 3.1.20 (2023-04-29)

Improved "Force Uninstall" performance.
Replaced "Windows 10 Dark" theme with "Windows 11 Dark".
Minor bugs fixes.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
HiBit v. 3.1.40 is here! Get it automagically via the UI

Specifically, the developer has graciously added Floorp browser to the list for cleaning. Thanks! I have it set to delete temp files on closing. HiBit found additional files to delete so this is a good thing. (y)

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
HiBit v. 3.1.60 is here now! Get it via the UI.

HiBit Uninstaller 3.1.60 (2023-09-10)
Updated traditional Chinese and Spanish language.
Fixed minor bugs.
Regular and portable installers here:

Thank you for this lovely software! (y)

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Hibit Uninstaller 3.1.70 changelog:
  • Added Chromium-based browser cache clearing option in junk files cleaner.
  • Added Hungarian language.
  • Improved leftovers search algorithm.
  • GUI improvements and bug fixes.

Homepage

Download links

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hi.

Has anyone been in contact with this developer recently? I sent him a mail with a small change to the Swedish translation of the program, he usually answers with a "Thank you" after a week or 2, but now it has been over 2 months. I am begining to wonder why, of course.

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.