Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
HitmanPro.Alert is very good in encryption but does not protect when you copy something in clipboard.
Any chance to add this protection?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: Koroke San

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
I only dislike fact this is a 29 day only trial.
Should be freeware too
Only the Exploit Mitigations and CryptoGuard in Alert require a license. All other features, like Safe Browsing, Keystroke Encryption, BadUSB protection, Passive Vaccination, Webcam Filtering are free.

Also if you already have a HitmanPro license, you get HitmanPro.Alert for free. Basically you get 2 products for the price of one.

EDIT: Update the list of features requiring a license.

Last edited:

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
HitmanPro.Alert 3.0.25 Build 143 Release Candidate

A build with merely fixes and minor improvements.

• Improved ROP mitigation while stack is pivoted
  • Improved hardware-assisted ROP mitigation
  • Improved HollowProcess mitigation
  • Improved performance on webpages with flash videos
  • Fixed keystroke encryption on some Windows 7 computers
  • Fixed false positive when playing Netflix videos
  • Fixed AIMP3 false positive
  • Fixed crash in service when running mitigated apps in different sessions
  • Fixed crash in service when a specific alert was triggered
  • Fixed memory leak in service
  • Added Polish language
  • Added Korean language

Download
http://test.hitmanpro.com/hmpalert3b143.exe

Exploit Test Tool 1.5
We provide an updated test tool with improved ROP gadget crawler. This so that each test will trigger the proper mitigation. You can use this test tool to test whether HitmanPro.Alert is working properly.
http://test.hitmanpro.com/hmpalert-test.exe

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
All other features, like Safe Browsing, Keystroke Encryption, BadUSB protection, Passive Vaccination, Webcam Filtering and CryptoGuard are free.

Where can I find out more details about these features, and what they do exactly? I cannot seem to find it on your site. (See Edit)

Edit: I found some information here, a detailed comparison between products.

Safe Browsing (Man-in-the-Browser Detection)
Warns when malware manipulates the browser; behavior-based
Active Vaccination
Makes sandbox-aware malware self-terminate
CryptoGuard
Protects your data against Cryptolocker-like ransomware; behavior-based
Webcam Notifier
Blocks the webcam when it is (secretly) accessed
Keystroke Encryption
Protects credentials against keyloggers in the browser
BadUSB Protection
Blocks malicious USB devices that pose as a keyboard

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Is there a list to be found anywhere that indicates all the CVE Exploits against which HMP.A protects?

Has anyone seen the test results from PC Security Lab in 2014? The report (.pdf) can be downloaded by selecting the green pane that includes Hitman Pro Alert in the list of tested software. You select the small circles at the middle-bottom of the pane to bring up the various links.

PC Security Lab: https://www.pitci.com/ (As far as I know it has a respectable reputation).

NOTE: The test results apply to HitmanPro.Alert3 CTP23 SurfRight 3.0.12.73 only on Windows XP SP3 systems.

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
Is there a list to be found anywhere that indicates all the CVE Exploits against which HMP.A protects?
A vulnerability in a software application is described in a CVE. In order to abuse a vulnerability an exploit must be used. There are only a handful of exploit techniques to abuse a vulnerability (i.e. climb through the hole onto your machine). Alert mitigates such exploit techniques and therefor plugs (existing and future) vulnerabilities in software applications.

New vulnerabilities are found everyday (and make headlines). Exploits techniques on the other hand are rarely new.

Has anyone seen the test results from PC Security Lab in 2014? The report (.pdf) can be downloaded by selecting the green pane that includes Hitman Pro Alert in the list of tested software. You select the small circles at the middle-bottom of the pane to bring up the various links.

PC Security Lab: https://www.pitci.com/ (As far as I know it has a respectable reputation).

NOTE: The test results apply to HitmanPro.Alert3 CTP23 SurfRight 3.0.12.73 only on Windows XP SP3 systems.
First, that test is commissioned by Malwarebytes.

Second, that test was done on an early alpha build (technology preview) against full released products. Several features did not yet exists in the CTP builds. E.g. Application lockdown and Network lockdown were completely non existent in those CTP builds as we were still working on them. Also many other features were far from finished (note: the test was done more that 6 months ago and we are still in release candidate state).

Third, they did not add Quicktime to Alert. That had to be done because Alert was in alpha and did protect some apps out of the box. But if they would just add the app to the list of protected applications, it would have protected Quicktime. As a matter of fact, they did add Quicktime to EMET, but they did not do this for Alert.

Fourth, the test was done in virtual machines. Our hardware-assisted ROP detection only works on physical hardware because virtual machines fail to virtualize specifc hardware registers.

Fifth, they did not bother asking us to test our software nor did they contact us whether they were testing Alert correctly (with respect to item 4).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Tuga

Dec 20, 2014
Only the Exploit Mitigations in Alert require a license. All other features, like Safe Browsing, Keystroke Encryption, BadUSB protection, Passive Vaccination, Webcam Filtering and CryptoGuard are free.

Also if you already have a HitmanPro license, you get HitmanPro.Alert for free. Basically you get 2 products for the price of one.

Well, I must be a lucky guy.
I always used HitmanPro ( which has already expired ) and I really like the program. So I give a chance to HitmanPro Alert 3.0.24 rc 141, on three computers: XP SP3 x86, 7 x64 and x64 8.1. And guess what: despite HitmanPro trial license expired, I continue with all my HitmanPro Alert options active (except Check Computer) and I have a valid license for....4777 days!! :D
I'm very pleased with the program and I didn't detect any conflict. I use it together with Bitdefender IS 2015, Firefox to surf and some add-ons like SiteAdvisor, WOT, BPA ...
Now, I got a message to install an update. I hope I do not lose my 4777 days license :p
I even got afraid to restart the computer :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for HitmanPro.Alert 3.0.25 Build 143. I've just updated.:)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Today Gomplayer told me a new update available, i downloaded update & untick crapware during installation but before installation hitmnapro blocked it, can u check on it brah? :)
0Vc84Qz.png

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
HitmanPro.Alert 3.0.25 Build 143 Release Candidate

A build with merely fixes and minor improvements.

• Improved ROP mitigation while stack is pivoted
  • Improved hardware-assisted ROP mitigation
  • Improved HollowProcess mitigation
  • Improved performance on webpages with flash videos
  • Fixed keystroke encryption on some Windows 7 computers
  • Fixed false positive when playing Netflix videos
  • Fixed AIMP3 false positive
  • Fixed crash in service when running mitigated apps in different sessions
  • Fixed crash in service when a specific alert was triggered
  • Fixed memory leak in service
  • Added Polish language
  • Added Korean language

Download
http://test.hitmanpro.com/hmpalert3b143.exe

Exploit Test Tool 1.5
We provide an updated test tool with improved ROP gadget crawler. This so that each test will trigger the proper mitigation. You can use this test tool to test whether HitmanPro.Alert is working properly.
http://test.hitmanpro.com/hmpalert-test.exe
I just did that hmp alert-test, and McAfee blocked it as it was downloading. Please explain if that was good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.