HitmanPro.Alert 3 version 3.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

It seems a great product, but Kaspersky technicians say the product is incompatible with all their product. On my old laptop I tried the latest beta version and once again Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 would not load and kept shutting down.

KIS is more important to your security than HitmanPro.Alert anyway.

Have you considered posting your experiences on the Wilders Security forum? I would imagine that the Lohman brothers would wish to know about it.

Reactions: Moose and soccer97

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
No, I've never joined/posted anything on Wilders forum - does Kaspersky offer better protection compared to HitmanPro.Alert?

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
It seems a great product, but Kaspersky technicians say the product is incompatible with all their product. On my old laptop I tried the latest beta version and once again Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 would not load and kept shutting down.

The KIS 2015 products have a similar feature to protect against Crypto-like viruses along with a Secure Keyboard/Virtual Keyboard. Can't guarantee it is compatible - but i would listen to the KLabs devs.

Kaspersky Products provide pretty good protection, the tradeoff is the compatibility issues with other programs, and overall performance.

I would also let The devs of HitManPro know as another member suggested.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
No, I've never joined/posted anything on Wilders forum - does Kaspersky offer better protection compared to HitmanPro.Alert?

HitMan Pro Alert is kind of like an add-on, or second layer of robust security. Think of it as kind of like a vaccination. It is actually one of the terms used in their current program. It provides additional protection. It is not a substitute for a comprehensive Security Program though. If you have KIS, and an active subscription, keep it.

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
What's the approximate pricing for the final stable release? I've got a few clients that manage sensitive software and browse extensively.I want to "sell" them the subscription. ( Sell as in recommend the protection,of course)

Also,purchase my own license for my home PC's and future custom built Windows 10 workstation.

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

If it were me, I would feel completely comfortable using only KIS...and not have any nagging doubts or feeling that I need to bolster KIS with much else other than a secondary scanner... MBAM free or EEK, but not both.

In other words, I would not add an anti-exploit unless I was regularly using all the traditionally exploitable software - e.g. Adobe Acrobat, Reader, Flash, Oracle Java & JRE, Windows Media Player, Real Player, Microsoft Office, etc.

As I am a big Shadow Defender advocate I would use it regularly with KIS, but otherwise I would not feel compelled to add anything else...but that is my choice.

H

hjlbx

What's the approximate pricing for the final stable release? I've got a few clients that manage sensitive software and browse extensively.I want to "sell" them the subscription. ( Sell as in recommend the protection,of course)

$24.95 / yr license ... that includes both the HitmanPro scanner and HitmanPro.Alert. However, HMPA is still in beta.

For what you get, the price is a bargain. You can compare it to its closest competitor and the price is double.

Reactions: Moose

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
$24.95 / yr license ... that includes both the HitmanPro scanner and HitmanPro.Alert. However, HMPA is still in beta.

For what you get, the price is a bargain. You can compare it to its closest competitor and the price is double.

The only other product that comes to mind for comparison purposes is Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium.
(And it's in the same price range)

Other worthy mentions?

Last edited:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I will stick with Kaspersky, it has exploit protection etc., I do have a license key for Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium but have never used it??

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I am now using Emsisoft which works with HitmanPro.Alert, does anyone know how to enable it to work with sandboxie?

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
The KIS 2015 products have a similar feature to protect against Crypto-like viruses along with a Secure Keyboard/Virtual Keyboard. Can't guarantee it is compatible - but i would listen to the KLabs devs.

Kaspersky Products provide pretty good protection, the tradeoff is the compatibility issues with other programs, and overall performance.

I would also let The devs of HitManPro know as another member suggested.
I saw this post. We will investigate the report. Alert 3 was compatible with Kaspersky a few months ago. We will have a renewed look.

Reactions: soccer97 and Moose

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
I saw this post. We will investigate the report. Alert 3 was compatible with Kaspersky a few months ago. We will have a renewed look.

Thank you, it was particularly problematic with HitMan Pro, not just HMP.Alert. Feel free to send me a PM for more details.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
It was terrible for me, I had to send a GSI report to Kaspersky; so they could find out why my system/Kaspersky was crashing.

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
HitmanPro is an on-demand scanner. It does not install anything resident.
I could imagine a conflict with Alert 3, but not with HitmanPro.
As stated, we will investigate and report back here.
Thanks for reporting!

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
We have just completed compatibility testing with Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 version 15.0.2.361 (with up-to-date databases) and HitmanPro.Alert 3 build 167.

Results
Windows 7 x86 - No issues
Windows 7 x64 - No issues
Windows 8 x64 - No issues

Internet Explorer 9 and Internet Explorer 11 work fine, including Kaspersky's Safe Money. Firefox also works fine.
After several reboots everything keeps working.

Are you sure the problem was with Alert and not some other software?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Yes it was HitmanPro.Alert - Kaspersky would not load, nor update. I sent a GSI report to their tech team for an analysis, they got back to me and said HitmanPro.Alert was blocking Kaspersky, and said it was not compatible with their software.

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
Yes it was HitmanPro.Alert - Kaspersky would not load, nor update. I sent a GSI report to their tech team for an analysis, they got back to me and said HitmanPro.Alert was blocking Kaspersky, and said it was not compatible with their software.
How long ago was this? Was it Alert 2 or the new Alert 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.