HitmanPro.Alert 3 version 3.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I have spoken with Kaspersky tech support 4-5 times in the UK, it's free and they are very helpful. Remote connection to solve one issue and GSI logs for a Blue Screen. When I spoke with Kaspersky tech support they explained the following: with regards to HMPA, unless Kaspersky test(s) the product and verify 1) it's safe and 2) it works/is fully compatible with all their products, then and only then will they certify it as compatible.

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
My friend tried HMPA along with Emsisoft Internet Security 9, after giving it a try he removed HMPA and got a BSOD with this message from BlueScreenViewer: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe. After reboot all was fine, and he removed the HMPA drivers from System32. Is this normal, or due to Emsisoft?
Probably not Emsisoft, because I installed and removed HMP.A 3 RC and did not get anything.

Which version of HMP.A did your friend use?

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
My friend tried HMPA along with Emsisoft Internet Security 9, after giving it a try he removed HMPA and got a BSOD with this message from BlueScreenViewer: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe. After reboot all was fine, and he removed the HMPA drivers from System32. Is this normal, or due to Emsisoft?

I believe that this BSOD was the one that I received back when I used Kaspersky Pure 3.0. If it wasn't that, it was a memory or graphics error. Sorry I can't be more specific, it was 3 months ago.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
It was the latest version downloaded from Wilders Security forum. His laptop was fine until he unistalled HMPA, but he never rebooted he paused it. Could that be a factor?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Yes, I was looking at this, he is using Windows 8.1 and Emsisoft state it's not needed for Windows 8?

CWEric

Mar 29, 2015
For me there is a conflict when using Hitman Pro Alert and Kaspersky. On Chrome Kaspersky Web Anti-Scanner does not seem to work with Hitman Pro Alert active. It won't show the clean/infected icon next to the links on search results. Disabling the SEHOP on Hitman Pro Alert exploit migration controls for Chrome fixes it though. Kaspersky Web Anti-Scanner works fine with Internet Explorer and Firefox with Hitman Pro Alert fully active. Hoping this is a good place to bring this issue to Hitman Pro Alert developer team.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014

This may or may not be useful for you, but if nothing else it provides more information about that error message from Microsoft:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560129(v=vs.85).aspx

Hope it helps.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
For me there is a conflict when using Hitman Pro Alert and Kaspersky. On Chrome Kaspersky Web Anti-Scanner does not seem to work with Hitman Pro Alert active. It won't show the clean/infected icon next to the links on search results. Disabling the SEHOP on Hitman Pro Alert exploit migration controls for Chrome fixes it though. Kaspersky Web Anti-Scanner works fine with Internet Explorer and Firefox with Hitman Pro Alert fully active. Hoping this is a good place to bring this issue to Hitman Pro Alert developer team.
Where can this "Kaspersky Web Anti-Scanner" be accessed (url)?

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
Where can this "Kaspersky Web Anti-Scanner" be accessed (url)?

I think he means Anti-Banner. It is basically an Ad-Blocking Software for Internet Browsers (Similar to AdBlock Plus for Firefox or Google Chrome Browser). The purpose is to prevent ads from displaying, and reduce ad exposure thereby avoiding malicious iframes and redirected ads, etc. Here's a link to the KB Article: http://support.kaspersky.com/search?query=Anti-Banner&sec=SupportHome

Did you ever get my PM about the incompatibilities by the way?

Random question, but out of curiosity and before I install it, has anyone tested it with Microsoft's EMET 5.2?

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46366

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
I think he means Anti-Banner. It is basically an Ad-Blocking Software for Internet Browsers (Similar to AdBlock Plus for Firefox or Google Chrome Browser). The purpose is to prevent ads from displaying, and reduce ad exposure thereby avoiding malicious iframes and redirected ads, etc. Here's a link to the KB Article: http://support.kaspersky.com/search?query=Anti-Banner&sec=SupportHome

Did you ever get my PM about the incompatibilities by the way?

Random question, but out of curiosity and before I install it, has anyone tested it with Microsoft's EMET 5.2?

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46366
Thanks for clarification.

EMET 5.2 + Alert 3 are currently incompatible. EMET 5.1 or older is compatible with Alert 3.

Reactions: soccer97

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Just to verify that HitmanPro.Alert works okay with Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 MR2 (a) Anti-Banner, on my machine it's running great. One question, when a new beta is released do I have to uninstall the old version first?

david8

Level 2
Verified
Feb 11, 2015
I got an alert when installing Flash Player. Very likely a false postive

Mitigation Lockdown

Platform 6.3.9600/x64 06_45
PID 7064
Application D:\Stažené\install_flashplayer17x32_mssd_aaa_aih(1).exe
Description Adobe Installation Helper 2.0.2

Filename C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\AIH.ebcab9cc14101c580c25511660b8e1d7906930db\gtbcheck.exe

Command line:
"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\AIH.ebcab9cc14101c580c25511660b8e1d7906930db\gtbcheck.exe"

More info: App was put in exploit mitigations with no template. I activated and deactivated exploit protection for FP installer and it was working.

david8

Level 2
Verified
Feb 11, 2015
Now it blocked MBAM :eek:

Mitigation Lockdown

PID 1248
Application D:\Stažené\mbam-setup-2.1.4.1018(1).exe
Description Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.1.4

Filename C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\is-HOM2H.tmp\mbam-setup-2.1.4.1018(1).tmp

Command line:
"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\is-HOM2H.tmp\mbam-setup-2.1.4.1018(1).tmp" /SL5="$40A70,21102078,56832,D:\Stažené\mbam-setup-2.1.4.1018(1).exe"

Reactions: Koroke San

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
HitmanPro.Alert 3 build 178 Release Candidate

Changelog (compared to build 155)
  • Improved Lockdown mitigation to enforce safe execution of VBScript.
    This mitigates the exploitation technique known as "VBScript God Mode".
  • Improved Load Library mitigation to detect shellcode.
  • Improved Load Library mitigation to detect reflective loaded libraries.
  • Improved branch-based hardware-assisted ROP mitigation (part of Control-Flow Integrity).
  • Improved software-based ROP mitigation (part of Control-Flow Integrity).
  • Improved IAT Filtering.
  • Improved Dynamic Heap Spray mitigation.
  • Improved CryptoGuard mitigation, specifically protection of connected network drives.
  • Improved BadUSB mitigation.
  • Improved Enforce DEP mitigation.
  • Improved Safe Browsing intruder alert, which now also shows the correct technical details.
  • Improved Software Radar.
  • Improved compatibility with EMET 5.1.
  • Improved compatibility with Sandboxie 4.16.
  • Fixed upgrade from HitmanPro.Alert version 2 to version 3. In previous builds, the upgrade could affect the functionality of the existing connected keyboard.
Known Issues
Alert 3 is currently incompatible with EMET 5.2.
Alert 3 is compatible with EMET 5.1 or older.

Download
http://test.hitmanpro.com/hmpalert3b178.exe

Please let me know how this version runs on your computer :thumb:

Reactions: yigido and david8

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
Now it blocked MBAM :eek:

Mitigation Lockdown

PID 1248
Application D:\Stažené\mbam-setup-2.1.4.1018(1).exe
Description Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.1.4

Filename C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\is-HOM2H.tmp\mbam-setup-2.1.4.1018(1).tmp

Command line:
"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\is-HOM2H.tmp\mbam-setup-2.1.4.1018(1).tmp" /SL5="$40A70,21102078,56832,D:\Stažené\mbam-setup-2.1.4.1018(1).exe"
With what program did you download the binary? If that program is in Application Lockdown (and not under Browsers) then it is suppose to block. Application Lockdown should only be set on application that DO NOT produce executables (like Word, Excel, Adobe Reader, etc). Browsers are treated special.

Please let me know which program you are downloading the executables with and wether it is listed under Browsers or other template.

Last edited:
Reactions: david8

david8

Level 2
Verified
Feb 11, 2015
Wiht what program did you download the binary? If that program is in Application Lockdown (and not under Browsers) then it is suppose to block. Application Lockdown should only be set on application that DO NOT produce executables (like Word, Excel, Adobe Reader, etc). Browsers are treated special.

Please let me know which program you are downloading the executables with and wether it is listed under Browsers or other template.
It was downloaded from website with my Firefox...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.