Battle HitmanPro or Malwarebytes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

souhrid

Level 5
Thread author
Jun 29, 2012
Is hitman pro effective now as it used to be earlier,hitman pro earlier used to be a great program but now I think it's falling behind whereas malwarebytes had great advancement.Guys what do you think??hitman pro or malwarebytes??

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
RE: Hitman pro?

As the other two above me have said its a excellent program and they also have great advancements like kickstart. Malwarebytes and Hitman pro both compliment each other, what one doesnt find the other does.

Reactions: souhrid

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Both are excellent, and their Pros/Cons compliment one another.

HitmanPro has the advantage of being a cloud-based scanner with access to multiple AV vendors.
Disadvantage; Free download use it limited to scanning only, 30-day trial for malware removal.

Malwarebytes has the advantage of being a great scanner to find and remove malware for free.
Disadvantage; Not portable, not cloud-based with access to multiple AV vendors.

Comparison ignores MBAM Pro.

If I were to choose one or the other, I would be stuck on the decision, but for most users I'd recommend Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. (You can't beat free removal).

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Both are excellent

MBAM is free no restrictions on free version or limited activation's

Hitman Pro free version very limited and paid version has a 3 activation limit as well as a 1 PC/1 OS limitation ,which given the price {especially a 3 year license} is a bit disappointing to say the least.

I would choose MBAM over HMP

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
alexp79 said:
Hi

I would say MBAM and hitman pro can complete well each other.
Having both is ideal in my opinion but hitman pro without a licence is quite useless after trial period^^

You could just write down the path of the infection, and manually delete the malicious files...You could even use Malwarebytes FileAssassin for the more stubborn infections.
Nevertheless, yes the fact that Malwarebytes provides free malware removal without any kind of trail is a definitive advantage.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
detection wise i go with HMP when dealing with more serious infections but problem with hitmanpro is that it wont delete files for you, well just 1 time.
and why you need to choose? they are both free and on-demand. use both!

Quad

Level 1
Verified
Mar 2, 2013
Earth said:
I haven't used this feature, but can HMP's KickStart be used without activating the License?

Nope.

Q-04: How much does HitmanPro.Kickstart cost?

A-04: HitmanPro.Kickstart is a free solution. You only might need a license for HitmanPro. If you use HitmanPro.Kickstart on a ransomed PC that has a valid license for HitmanPro, it will use that license. If you use HitmanPro.Kickstart on a ransomed PC that has never used HitmanPro, the 30-day free trial period of HitmanPro can be used to remove the ransomware (not available on business computers).

Kickstart FAQ (PDF)

thetechguy

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
I'd never not run both in a cleaning appointment. They compliment each other beautifully. What one misses the other gets.

Naturally, MBAM is better at adware/spyware/trojans/generic malware and HMP is better at rootkits/bootkits/viruses/ransomware (although MBAM can be good too).

Chigwells

Level 4
Jan 16, 2012
Both both both!

Hmm, might be off topic, but what about SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition? So many places recommend it as well.

Does anyone use all three for on-demand?

Err... apart from me that is :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.