Windows

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Hi. I am interested in Quarri MyPOQ in your configuration.:)
But I am completely confused when I try to get one.
I have registered in Quarri.
Then I find that, it seems to provide 3 "modes" to...to...to install MyPOQ?
Which mode are you using?

Reactions: Logethica
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Hi. I am interested in Quarri MyPOQ in your configuration.:)
But I am completely confused when I try to get one.
I have registered in Quarri.
Then I find that, it seems to provide 3 "modes" to...to...to install MyPOQ?
Which mode are you using?

@Online_Sword

I use DLP, but you can sign into Quarri and use whichever one you wish. DLP is the most restrictive, the others less so... try them out individually, you will see what I mean...

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
@Online_Sword

I use DLP, but you can sign into Quarri and use whichever one you wish. DLP is the most restrictive, the others less so... try them out individually, you will see what I mean...

It is difficult for me to figure out how MyPOQ works...
Do you have any literature/document on it?
I guess it will create a process or thread to protect the browser?
Could it protect chrome and firefox? Or only IE?
Could it work with Sandboxie?
Each time you need to use it, should you visit its website to launch it manually?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
It is difficult for me to figure out how MyPOQ works...
Do you have any literature/document on it?
I guess it will create a process or thread to protect the browser?
Could it protect chrome and firefox? Or only IE?
Could it work with Sandboxie?
Each time you need to use it, should you visit its website to launch it manually?

• Only infos is from Quarri website.
  • Works only with IE.... unless Quarri made it work also with FF and Chrome.
  • Cannot be used inside another sandbox.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Removed Blue Ridge Networks' AppGuard and replaced with NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro.

AppGuard prevented Quarri MyPOQ from functioning and caused Windows Firewall Control Service to crash everytime a configuration change was made to AppGuard.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
AppGuard prevented Quarri MyPOQ from functioning and caused Windows Firewall Control Service to crash everytime a configuration change was made to AppGuard.

Have you ever tried to add MyPOQ and WFC to the "Power Applications" list of AG?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Have you ever tried to add MyPOQ and WFC to the "Power Applications" list of AG?

Yes, I tried. It did not work.

I learn something new everyday with security softs. Barb from BRN states that even when enabling Install Mode, AG is never completely turned off. It also appears that is the case when it is disabled. So if a soft doesn't follow Microsoft programming guidelines it may not work with AG. Plus, there are always the individual quirks of a particular system that make it problematic with certain softs.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@Purshu_Pro

It cuts down on writes to SSD and RAM Disk adds security. Temp folders for browsers and other temp folders are in RAM.

There really is no speed benefit to running RAM Disk on SSD.
So it seems like you do a lot of testing and hence require this RamDisk. So what would be the operation speed of it when compared to your SSD?

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
So it seems like you do a lot of testing and hence require this RamDisk. So what would be the operation speed of it when compared to your SSD?
It depends on RAM manufacturer & type. For ex: Max. Memory bandwidth of ddr3/dd3l is around 20-25.6GB/s its more likely you could get a real world speed of 15-18GB/s at stock clocks. Even 1GB/s is more enough if you've a lot of unused RAM.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I have 8 GB of ram and I started to use AMD Radeon RamDisk and configured for a 4GB V-Memory as it stated, a seperate Disk is been created and it seems, the ram resource has raised up to 71%, but I dont know how its working. Can you elaborate?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.