Macecraft jv16
File and Photo backup
Windows and Macrium Reflect
System recovery
Windows
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Seems like most of them are going back to old school security which is much better than modern tech schools ! May I ask why did you remove RAMDisk ?

No speed increase.

Really no need.

Will not prolong life of newer SSDs.

Reactions: Logethica

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
No speed increase.

Really no need.

Will not prolong life of newer SSDs.
So you mean that its really no use of having RAMDisks in latest SSD's and instead use the default settings? How did you come to know this? Was it just a myth that of RAMDisks?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
So you mean that its really no use of having RAMDisks in latest SSD's and instead use the default settings? How did you come to know this? Was it just a myth that of RAMDisks?

Early SSDs had decreased life-span. There were problems with too many writes. Over the years it was recommended to write browser cache to RAM Disk for increased SSD longevity, security and speed up browsing (HDD).

RAM Disk is still good for security, but I can just use Shadow Defender which allows entire virtual session cache to be written to RAM. I use Shadow Defender on-demand.

Honestly, I see no real advantage to RAM Disk except for HDD = it will speed up browser loading and surf speed. On SSD, RAM Disk will very likely not increase browser load and surf speed. In fact, it might slow it down a bit. Depends upon system and SSD drive.

I am neutral on RAM Disk use. It is good for security. Can add Sandboxie sandbox to RAM Disk.

However, since I removed Sandboxie, I no longer have any real need for RAM Disk... at least not to me personally. Others may feel and think differently...

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Re-Added:

• Quarri My POQ = the ultimate freeware online banking protection (see MRG Effitas Online Banking tests; Quarri included in top results for years now...)

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Removed:

KeyScrambler

Great soft, but it is unclear if it protects against in-browser keyloggers. I suspect it does not.

Alan Taylor

Level 1
Nov 21, 2015
I use the freeware My POQ.
But I was implying that the version tested at MRG is not the free version and therefore we are not sure that it has the same protective qualities as the Armored Browser version. I have come across some Forum posts (not here) which suggest that the two versions are different in their abilities to detect malware.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Removed:

KeyScrambler

Great soft, but it is unclear if it protects against in-browser keyloggers. I suspect it does not.
It's keyboard driver level encryption so it shouldn't really matter if you are in browser or not it just encrypts as you type. Am i missing something?
Btw great guide on your Comodo settings. Can't wait for it to finish so i can test.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
But I was implying that the version tested at MRG is not the free version and therefore we are not sure that it has the same protective qualities as the Armored Browser version. I have come across some Forum posts (not here) which suggest that the two versions are different in their abilities to detect malware.

POQ = Protect On Q
Armored Browser = armored browser

They are two different products.

POQ products disable all browser extensions, keylogging, clipboard\screen capture and code injection; they don't detect malware but block everything - even Windows components that inject into Internet Explorer.

Maybe My POQ and commercial POQ are different, but I don't know that. From what I understand they are the same in terms of protections...

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
lol, bad news for keyscrambler users :p

X0VnIIa.png
[/IMG]

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
lol, bad news for keyscrambler users :p

X0VnIIa.png
[/IMG]

What a user-friendly interface! All the options are easy to understand:D.

Have you tested these features with the latest version of sandboxie and malwarebytes brothers?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.